Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

Peter wrote:

I see (or hear of) no evidence that any country is asking to see the latest magical IT creation from the UK: the NHS App.

This is just as well because it requires a fingerprint scanner to install, and on some phones this only barely works. In fact probably most phones which have it on the edge. And if you change the fingerprint (in an attempt to make it work better) it then locks itself out until you go through the whole setup process again Do people really have such extreme privacy requirements for their medical data, that they require security stronger than for their banking?

What about printing the QR code and the text from the Web version? You can access it from your desktop.
And then presenting it to the authorities at the destination?

EGTR

Where can one find the web version?

I can see my medical record with a browser, but that gets even further from a “standard” presentation.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Where can one find the web version?

I can see my medical record with a browser, but that gets even further from a “standard” presentation.

https://www.nhsapp.service.nhs.uk/login
The news report said that vaccination info to print will be available here or you can order it on standard NHS 111 phone.

EGTR

France has currently notified two suspensions of the Schengen treaty rights to the EU commission:
https://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/what-we-do/policies/borders-and-visas/schengen/reintroduction-border-control_en

I wonder if the two cancel out each other, but I’m afraid not.

Here is the complete list of shame

I recently had an interesting exchange with the Portuguese border forces on whether border controls were legal for intra Schengen flights. Portugal hasn’t notified a Schengen suspension to the EU commission, but they have passed a national COVID law that contains a blanket suspension of all flights, and then states exceptions… I guess all of this remains a murky legal area. My feeling is we will have to fight to get our freedoms back once this is over, in multiple areas of life.

Last Edited by Rwy20 at 05 Jun 19:43

One data point for UK returning is here.

Administrator

Starting from 9th June, for France, if you have 2*vax you don’t need “essential reason” and no PCR + no quaratine
If you are not vaccinate, it’s essential travel only (can’t recall the list of motifs) and PCR tests + 7 days quaratine

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

Starting from 9th June, for France, if you have 2*vax you don’t need “essential reason” and no PCR + no quaratine
If you are not vaccinate, it’s essential travel only (can’t recall the list of motifs) and PCR tests + 7 days quaratine

Would this be true coming back extra Schengen as well Ibra? As you know I need to get my annual done in the UK. Reading Peter’s return from Croatia, still trying to figure out how exactly that will work while complying with the regulations. Like Peter I am fully vaccinated so not much more I can do as a precaution…

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

I would want to be sure France accept Brits with dual vacc.

Intra-schengen and intra-EU you get the usual symbolism/concessions but (a) the UK is outside, and (b) as I posted further back, France and Germany have both banned UK arrivals (with the usual “essential” exceptions).

Is the official wording somewhere?

I really want to collect something from Caen… but won’t be doing it until (b) above has ended.

The UK is totally disregarding vacc status for entry (and for every other purpose). Good “political solidarity / all in the same boat” stuff which is crippling the economy…

The entry is 10 days’ quarantine, with tests on day 2 and 8. Optionally, a test on day 5 can release you as soon as you have that result. I bought these three for £300 the lot. All three get sent to a lab. I used the qured.com cowboys again because they were the only way I could get the kits fast (the home test kit supply business is totally manic, and the personal visit test business is much worse, with ~zero availability) and after I send them off I don’t really care if they lose them because I will have done my due diligence

A ferry flight for an Annual may qualify under some of the concessions, especially if somebody flies to the UK with you (2nd plane) and then flies you straight back. You can then stay airside and make use of the simplest concession.

Administrator

https://uk.ambafrance.org/Strategy-for-reopening-of-borders-from-9-June-onwards

Maybe you should go directly and combine your quarantines

Nympsfield, United Kingdom

combine your quarantines

How would that work?

If you arrive in the UK, and in quarantine, you cannot leave the UK while hanging out the quarantine. I read that on the govt website today.

If I understand this right, from above URL, UK to France with 2 x vacc needs a test also; a PCR test or the fast test if more recent?

Administrator
Sign in to add your message