Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

boscomantico wrote:

The UK, including IoM and CI

Well I got a good belly laugh out of that. The Isle of Man currently has around 1 case a week, travel related, and that 1 case is isolating. Germans are at much higher risk catching COVID by staying at home than coming here.

Last Edited by alioth at 27 May 13:58
Andreas IOM

This website might be useful to anyone considering travel to Ireland.

The current provisional plan is to open up international travel using the EU digital pass from July 19.

link

Last Edited by dublinpilot at 28 May 22:25
EIWT Weston, Ireland

Switzerland requires quarantine for travellers from the UK as well now. https://twitter.com/lenews_ch/status/1398209600764133377

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

That’s hilarious, given the numbers

I was going to stop at LFRK on my way back from Croatia, to collect something, but it is highly dangerous (France and Germany now not allowing UK arrivals) because if

• my credit card fails to work (my Halifax one which I use on travel turned out to have been blocked on the morning of my outbound flight – Halifax is a real dickhead company!)
  • the plane doesn’t start
  • the fuel pump is broken / I can’t work it out / nobody around to help / ATC refuse to help (Carcassonne anyone?)

then I will get locked up in solitary confinement in some secure facility in France

I have the LFRK airport confirmation that it will be ok to do the stop, but obviously that is if nothing goes wrong.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Question: are GA pilots also required to have a negative PCR (less then 72h old) when flying into France?
I am fed up of flying in Belgium, and would like to expand. Just a trip up and down in one day.

@Fly2belgium post moved to existing thread

LOLW (Austria) to LIPV (Italy) – COVID Procedures Questions

Since end of May it is possible to enter Italy from Austria/Schengen, again. Did anyone fly there, yet?

I’ve read all COVID-related NOTAMs, the official Austrian/Italian entry requirements and it basically boils down to these 3 points:

1. Produce a green certificate proving that you have taken a negative molecular or antigen swab test in the 48 hours prior to entering Italy
  2. Complete the digital Passenger Locator Form, which replaces the previous self-declaration;
  3. Notify the prevention department of the health authority responsible for the area of your entry

Source

Point 2 and 3 are clear to me. Point 1 is a little trickier:

• I am going to do an official antigen swab test 48 hours prior to entering Italy. I will be provided a “Test Result Certificate” by the state of Austria. Is it safe to assume, that this qualifies as a “green certificate”?
  • Who do I show this certificate to? It’s clear when going by car, but who is going to check it when flying by private plane? I will be going to Lido / LIPV.

Thank you guys!

@Dominik post moved to existing thread.

Administrator

Simplified entry procedure (no test required) for entering Slovenia for vaccinated people (even 1st dose is enough).

https://www.gov.si/en/topics/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/border-crossing/

Last Edited by Emir at 02 Jun 08:44
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Quick update to my post #284953

Italy will require a green pass end of June/beginning of July. For now a simple “test result certificate” in English is good enough.
I don’t believe anyone will check it anyways… no matter what the mode of transportation is.
There is one hotline with limited resources for the entire region of Veneto. I don’t think it will be possible to reach anyone on that hotline… but I will at least try a couple of times to be “on the record”.
My departure will be tomorrow. I’ll keep you posted.

I see (or hear of) no evidence that any country is asking to see the latest magical IT creation from the UK: the NHS App.

This is just as well because it requires a fingerprint scanner to install, and on some phones this only barely works. In fact probably most phones which have it on the edge. And if you change the fingerprint (in an attempt to make it work better) it then locks itself out until you go through the whole setup process again Do people really have such extreme privacy requirements for their medical data, that they require security stronger than for their banking?

Anyway, to not take this off topic, Croatia accepts the standard UK vaccination card, which is excellent.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message