Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

There is a questionnaire you can use for official guidance, but it’s not up to date yet with the new regulation that will start on the 21st of June: https://infocovid.viaggiaresicuri.it/index_en.html
It is the web site from the ministry of foreign affairs, it has been my companion for my trips to Italy during COVID period, together with government.nl :)
Full information is in this section http://www.viaggiaresicuri.it/approfondimenti-insights/saluteinviaggio but I think it’s only in Italian.

EHLE LIMB, Netherlands

Peter wrote:

As anticipated, the D is also picking up rapidly in Germany, albeit from a low base (always the way with this stuff).

It is picking up everywhere and it will run rampant within the anti vaxxer community. Maybe it will make some of those dunderheads change their minds if they see loved ones die that way.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

The Isle of Man is now allowing all fully vaxxed plus 2 weeks residents of the UK, with no requirement to test, from the end of this month.

I believe GA will still require 24h PNR since they send someone to check you before you can leave airside.

Border info here: https://covid19.gov.im/general-information/travel-advice/borders-framework/border-level-15-faqs/

Arrivals by private aircraft and boats: https://covid19.gov.im/general-information/private-vessels-and-aircrafts/

Andreas IOM

Switzerland has now lifted test requirements for people who are fully vaccinated arriving by air.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

alioth wrote:

The Isle of Man is now allowing all fully vaxxed plus 2 weeks residents of the UK, with no requirement to test, from the end of this month.

Interestingly that link doesn’t seem to consider those vaccinated by the one shot J&J vaccine to be fully vaccinated.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

It stands to reason: at present this is for UK residents, and J&J is not being administered by the UK NHS. The only methods of acceptable proof at present is the UK NHS vaccination app (or letter from an NHS GP with the QR code) so by inference only vaccines administered by the UK NHS are going to be acceptable at present.

Andreas IOM

I understand the focus on restrictions for UK pilots travelling, and others visiting the UK.

As a data point for non-UK travel, I just returned from a week’s vacation from Switzerland to Portoroz, Pula, and Losinj, and was never questioned at any of the airports or elsewhere about Covid. Of course, I have both vaccinations and the letter/app confirming that by the Zurich health authorities, just in case and for what it’s worth, on the principle that the police will only stop and ask for your driver’s licence on the single occasion when you forget it at home.

The Piran hotel did give me a form to sign at checkin stating that I met all the requirements. The staff said it was for their own protection as they don’t police the policy and therefore don’t ask for any documentation.

Masks were essentially required indoors (shops, hotels, restaurants when not seated), but it was rare to see one outside. Felt rather almost like old times. Tourist volumes increased dramatically in Piran between June 12/13 and 19/20. Lots of Germans and Austrians in both Portoroz and Losinj, as usual, due to proximity. Prices at major Piran hotels have skyrocketed.

LSZK, Switzerland

alioth wrote:

It stands to reason: at present this is for UK residents, and J&J is not being administered by the UK NHS. The only methods of acceptable proof at present is the UK NHS vaccination app (or letter from an NHS GP with the QR code) so by inference only vaccines administered by the UK NHS are going to be acceptable at present.

It also says it’s for Irish visitors too. We obviously don’t have the NHS app, and a small number here are getting the J&J vaccine. They are considered fully vaccinated after 2 week under the EU scheme.

I’m not trying to make any points. Just pointing out the differences which has implications for a small number of people.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

UK Green List updated today

The only GA-relevant bit is the Balearics, 30 June onwards.

Former Yugoslavia is great now. Just got back from a week in Croatia. Very few non-local tourists. Masks indoors, otherwise normal. So nice to see this, while the UK is screwing itself with the return quarantine.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Bizzare Malta entry requirements

From 30 June 2021, all arrivals from the UK need to present proof of full vaccination (2 doses). Only the paper version of the NHS Vaccination Letter entitled ‘Coronavirus (covid-19) vaccination confirmation: two doses received’.)
As of 30 June 2021, the EU Digital COVID Certificates will also be accepted.

So for the UK they are asking for the trivial-to-photoshop printout. Muppets…

Mrs Merkel is trying to force all EU countries to exclude Brits but the “tourist” countries are resisting (notably Spain Croatia and Greece).

Hospital numbers here are negligible and deaths are even more negligible.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message