Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

Ah!! Just realised that jfw is in Belgium. Intra EU travel ok for EU residents.

Today’s papers suggest that the UK return quarantine may end 19th July, for 2x vacced people.

It doesn’t make any sense as it is. It will be really great.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I thought it was supposed to be 16th August?

Ibra wrote:

So no way to skip PCR/AG tests without VAX, the question do you need a valid reason to travel?
Your wife does not need an essential reason and you are just following your wife

Following one’s wife can in many cases constitute an essential reason :-)

ENVA, Norway

WingsWaterAndWheels wrote:

Following one’s wife can in many cases constitute an essential reason :-)

I suggest better wordings: carry bags & pay bills rather than stalker or jalouse ;)

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I thought it was supposed to be 16th August?

So did I.

We will see, but…

EDIT 8/7/2021: this is now the case. No more return quarantine here, just the pre-return test (not checked for GA anyway; I last paid £40) and a day 2 PCR test on return (£100; can get them for less from the various criminals on the NHS approved list). The pre-return test is the big problem if travelling by airline…

Administrator

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/quarantine-free-travel-to-resume-on-19-july-for-fully-vaccinated-passengers-returning-from-amber-list-countries

No quarantine for UK from July19 for 2*vax but I still need to keep my contacts of the test mafia

Last Edited by Ibra at 08 Jul 14:39

Yes; great news.

Luckily we in GA are not dependent on the criminals who sell these tests to deliver a working pre-return test…

What is the current French entry requirement for Brits?

Trying to work out whether a trip to LFAT will be 3 digits or 4

I gather UVDL is in Croatia right now, with a bag of money, trying to make them change their mind about accepting Brits

The Kayak site posted here is interesting but you need to be careful. For example, UK → France, I see this

and sure enough when you click into that

https://www.kayak.com/travel-restrictions/france?origin=gb

you get:

and then it sends you off to research French national regs for details of which type of test is needed…

Administrator

UK => France, if you have 2*vax + 4 weeks: you can travel without a good reason, no quaratine but you need a pre-depature test (PCR<72h or AG<48h), these are checked before you go to board Eurostar or RyanAir while in UK soil (on own car no one asks for it, but anyone who has a doubt about physics & biology involved in GA aircraft are free to have it, I will let you know how it goes as I am doing O/R just after July 19th )

Last Edited by Ibra at 08 Jul 15:25

I’m unclear on a GA flight leaving France back to the UK, post 19 July and 2 Jabs do I still need a departure lateral flow test in France before heading back ?

Last Edited by Rob at 08 Jul 20:34
Sign in to add your message