As you may be aware the SMA diesel STC was transferred to Soloy last year.
They currently have an Airventure show special of USD175.000 for the conversion to 230hp but also offer a conversion to 260hp now.
Link to Soloy 182
Personally I find the cost ridiculous.
in preparation for a longer USA, Caribbean and South America trip, I am looking for good flight guides with information on entry requirements and airports, initially for USA and the Caribbean (in particular: Costa Rica, Belize, Mexico).
The flight guides (ebook preferred) should at least provide info on:
- Entry requirements for pax and EASA registered aircraft.
- customs regulations
- Handling: mandatory, if yes, amount of costs
- Amount of overnight parking fees
- Avgas availability and amount of costs
- special rules and procedures
- Arrival and departure options from / to the airport by road
Well known are Flight Guides for the Caribbean e.g. from AOPA or this one:
Are there others? Do you know other good sources? In the further process of course the respective AIP will be used, but for the moment and the rough planning I would like to start with the flight guides.
Recently I have been dealing with some issues on my transponder. It shows my altitude with a considerable differance between the altitude that my altimeter reads and the altitude that the transponder shows. Quite often, the ATC reads back my altitude on their radar wrongly and I already had some occasions were they asked me to switch off my transponder’s mode C.
I have been searching a bit and found out that it might be related with some kind of issue on the blind enconder. Before starting to buy a new one or spending some money, I consider doing some troubleshoot:
- Do this kind of equipment need a proper calibration?
- In Europe, does anyone know a shop where I can buy a new one?
- If I buy a new one, do the instalation shop need to do a calibration after the installation?
Just FYI, my blind encoder is this one
My transponder is a trig TT31.
Many thanks for your help!
It would have been easy if one can build a script that says VMC…