Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

From 26 July, the UK is due to abolish the quarantine for double vacced returning people from amber list countries – here.

This is especially good since currently the chimp-script Indian call centres are reportedly calling you 3 times a day!

Get that trip in quick though before the other end changes their mind!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Has anyone had a recent experience flying GA to Germany?

We consider flying from Oslo (Norway is currently not on any German “risk list”) to Lübeck (EDHL) or Berlin (EDAY, possibly with another port of entry) in mid July. I am having a hard time figuring out the entry requirements.

Am I correct that
1) Fully vaccinated: must provide vaccine certificate (do you need negative test <72h as well?)
2) Only first dose: same regulations as for non-vaccinated
3) Non-vaccinated: can enter with negative pcr test <72h or antigen test <48h

[ @Skylane-pilot moved to existing thread ]

Last Edited by Skylane-pilot at 01 Jul 19:14
ENKJ, Norway

There are many Germans on EuroGA. Somebody must know… @eddspeter @boscomantico @euroflyer @terbang @udor

I see Guernsey and Alderney are now open if you have 2 x vacc. But I challenge anyone to work out the current notams, and the website. Looks like you have to create a profile on some “travel tracker” website.

Administrator

For Germany, you aleays have to check this.

Right now, Norway isn‘t even a „basic risk area“. Hence, no restrictions or requirements for travel.

Note that as from next Monday, Agder and Rogaland WILL become such basic risk areas.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 02 Jul 20:53
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Right now, Norway isn‘t even a „basic risk area“. Hence, no restrictions or requirements for travel.

At reopen.europe.eu there is a reference to this site which states: “Persons entering Germany from risk areas or by air must complete a digital entry registration, undergo mandatory testing or provide proof of immunity”

ENKJ, Norway

The Guernsey and Alderney process involves creating an account here

https://traveltracker.gov.gg/

You have to enter a load of stuff, including a copy of your NHS vaccination certificate. I uploaded the PDF with the QR code on it; no idea if that will do.

And repeat for each person travelling.

They don’t really want anybody to go there but it isn’t too bad. Allow about 30 mins. Some of the verification (where they send you emails with a link to click) doesn’t actually work (I suspect because the email is both plain text and HTML and they haven’t put the same URL in both!) but I got there in the end.

EDIT:

This was posted on one UK site:

The NOTAM requires that everyone arriving from the UK has to met and have their vaccination certificates verified by members of what they are calling “The Covid 19 Meet & Greet Team”. Trouble is that they don’t have enough people to have a presence during all the airport opening hours, so they are only available when an Aurigny flight is due from the Uk. More specifically, from 10 minutes before it lands to 30 minutes after it lands.
Most regular visitors try to avoid arriving at the same time as the Aurigny flights – but this move forced you to arrive at the same time.
However you cannot just turn up – you must
(a) obtain a booking with the Covid meet and greet team via the phone number quoted in the NOTAM.
(b) obtain a PPR number from Alderney tower – which they won’t issue until you have a meet and greet appointment.
So it can really be quite a problem to get a weather window that coincides with (a) and (b) above.

which is totally ridiculous, especially as this isn’t obviously documented anywhere.

So you have to read the NOTAM for EGJA:

C6578/21
COVID-19 INFORMATION: PILOTS AND PASSENGERS IN ALL NON-COMMERCIAL
AIRCRAFT ARRIVING IN ALDERNEY FROM OUTSIDE THE BAILWICK OF GUERNSEY
BUT FROM WITHIN THE COMMON TRAVEL AREA CAN NOW LAND IN ACCORDANCE
WITH THE STATES OF GUERNSEY’S ‘BLUE CHANNEL’ TRAVEL CATEGORY. IF YOU
MEET THE REQUIREMENTS FOR ‘BLUE CHANNEL’ TRAVEL YOU WILL BE EXEMPT
FROM THE SELF-ISOLATION REGULATIONS. FURTHER INFORMATION CAN BE FOUND
AT – TRAVEL WITH EFFECT FROM 1 JULY 2021 – STATES OF GUERNSEY -
COVID-19 – GOV.GG ARRIVING AIRCRAFT WILL BE DIRECTED TO PARK ON THE
APRON OR GRASS PARKING WHERE THEY WILL BE MET FOR PILOT AND PASSENGER
COVID DECLARATION DOCUMENTATION.

C6671/21
COVID-19 INFORMATION: ALL NON COMMERCIAL FLIGHTS FROM OUTSIDE OF
THE BAILWICK OF GUERNSEY ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE REGISTERED ON THE
TRAVEL TRACKER APP. PILOTS ARE REQUIRED TO BOOK IN WITH THE ALDERNEY
WELCOME TEAM IN ORDER FOR THEIR FLIGHT TO BE BOOKED IN FOR AN ARRIVAL
SLOT TO ENABLE TRAVEL TRACKER VERIFICATION AND TESTING IF REQUIRED.
TIMES FOR ARRIVAL ARE:
MON-THU 1015-1145 AND 1415-1545
FRI-SUN 1015-1145 AND 1605-1735
A MEMBER OF THE ALDERNEY WELCOME TEAM CAN BE CONTACTED ON
07781 130335.
ONCE PILOTS HAVE BOOKED WITH THE ALDERNEY WELCOME TEAM A FLIGHT PLAN
SHOULD BE FILED AND THE TIME BOOKED APPENDED IN FIELD 18.

FOR TRAVEL TRACKER INFORMATION:
HTTPS://COVID19.GOV.GG/GUIDANCE/TRAVEL/TRAVELTRACKER

I have been in contact and there is no email address so the 07781130335 number is the only way.

The problem is that 1015 UTC is 1115 local now, the morning Aurigny flight arrives about 1130, so you need to get processed in the 15 mins before it lands, otherwise you have a possibly long wait, and no matter how you shake this, it makes a day trip quite tight. If you want to do this you need to land say 1030-1100 LOCAL and you have to sit in the plane and wait for them.

So one needs to check out accommodation…

I wonder if @Alderney_Campsite or @I_Love_Flying knows any details.

Administrator

I have a question regarding France. Is there an exception the COVID-related obligations for crew members ? If so, can the link to the official documents be provided ?
Planning a flight for a weekend. My wife is fully vaccinated (so no obligations) while I am not yet… But I am the pilot

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium

jfw wrote:

I have a question regarding France. Is there an exception the COVID-related obligations for crew members ?

I am not sure if there is such thing written for private crew anywhere? maybe written in airline crew rules, still they need tests < 72h (people who are flying B737s for living are getting their companies to pay for these pending to get vaccinated), for non vax pob from EU (incl BE): test PCR or AG <72h & no quarantaine

So no way to skip PCR/AG tests without VAX, the question do you need a valid reason to travel?
Your wife does not need an essential reason and you are just following your wife

Enjoy the trip !

Last Edited by Ibra at 07 Jul 11:12
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

BOOK IN WITH THE ALDERNEY WELCOME TEAM

They make it sould like hula dancers, cake and beer around a camp fire!

EIWT Weston, Ireland

France has a green-amber-red system. Unfortunately the UK is amber, but with additional special requirements for non-residents (of France) wrt needing a valid reason to travel (they list them on the gov website) regardless of vaccination status, which only allows you to forego the C19 test and quarantine – though lateral flow/antigen is acceptable to france.

Sign in to add your message