Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

Sorry, I mixed up, it’s the arrival test that is not required, for UK (or any amber country) to France:
- 2*vax = YES: you need a pre-departure PCR test – 48h, no arrival test and no quaratine, no essential reason
- 2*vax = NO: you need a pre-departure PCR test -48h, arrival antigen test, need essential reason

I was assuming one departing on GA aircraft, does not need an “onboarding/pre-depart PCR test” but feel free to have one, it’s the law

LFHNflightstudent wrote:

Would this be true coming back extra Schengen as well Ibra? As you know I need to get my annual done in the UK

I guess it’s no issue both ways (on UK side you will have to quaratine for your period of stay & order 2/8days test even if the trip is less than 1day), if you are vaccinated, it should not be an issue back to French…

Last Edited by Ibra at 08 Jun 17:54
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

The pre-departure test is £100+ and a hassle because it has to be received first, obviously, then taken, then sent in the post, and you can hope to get the result a day after they received it. Then you travel, the following day. So the 48hr requirement is hard to meet. In fact a 72hr requirement is hard to meet; when I went to Aosta last year the result expired during the flight there (but they were fine because I emailed the certificate to them).

Well, unless the company is one of the countless scammers and doesn’t deliver on some part of that and then you aren’t going anywhere.

Or you can do a physical visit somewhere but the ones I found were £200+.

£380 were spent on UK tests for this trip to Croatia Zero on Croatia tests – smart people (in this respect, at least)…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Greece also simplified entrance procedure plus documents are accepted in 6 foreign languages and info is available in 9 foreign languages.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Someone sent me this as the latest for Germany.

It is incredibly complicated. It looks like to go to Germany from the UK (which someone I know is looking at) needs a PCR test immediately upon arrival, even if dual vaccinated.

Administrator

I was in Germany just last weekend and one needs a PCR test for which the sample was taken at most 72 hours before arrival or a rapid test taken at most 24 hours before arrival (see your document that you posted).

Given the UK’s classification as a country with virus variants, a 14-day quarantine is mandatory except for a limited set of exceptions (fewer exceptions than the general set of exceptions).

And you are correct that dual vaccination does not relieve the need for testing and quarantine if the arriving person spent time in a country with various variants – otherwise it does.

Last Edited by wbardorf at 13 Jun 05:50
EGTF, EGLK, United Kingdom

Given the UK’s classification as a country with virus variants,

This is going to be very time-variable, since every country has variants

This quarantine requirement presumably has the same impact on overflying Germany as when I was planning these flights. Where does Germany quarantine people? Is it like the UK “red list” solitary confinement in a govt-run hotel?

Administrator

Peter wrote:

This quarantine requirement presumably has the same impact on overflying Germany as when I was planning these flights. Where does Germany quarantine people? Is it like the UK “red list” solitary confinement in a govt-run hotel?

No, quarantine is the UK self-isolation equivalent. Transits and stays not exceeding 24 hours are explicitly allowed, in which case neither a PCR nor quarantine is required. There is also an explicit air travel ban into Germany for non-EU/EEA citizens without residency rights in Germany, however that applies only to commercial flights.

In the case of transit in Belgium (at least that was the rule last week when I transited in Kortrijk last weekend), no test or quarantine is required if it is merely a technical stop at the airport for border control/customs/refuelling/toilet visit

In either cases, I suggest sorting each individual case with the border police in advance to avoid any surprises.

EGTF, EGLK, United Kingdom

Italy now blocks UK inbounds… 5 day quarantine. That is not long enough to have any use but will totally stop tourism.

Correction: that may be for non-vacced Brits. This is the map for that (ex Daily Trash, but you find nothing handy like this on the BBC which is still debating whether a statue of Cecil Rhodes should be pulled down )

The no-go areas above may well be regardless of vacc status.

Link

Clearly these rules change every day… but unvaccinated people will find it increasingly hard to go anywhere.

Administrator

The “special treatment” for Brits, forcing 5 days of quarantine and a PCR test, will begin on the 21st of June and is actually planned until the 2nd of July, when the measures will be reviewed.
The official sources are not yet up to date, so it’s not clear yet what exemptions will be established and if the vaccine will make or not a difference. My understanding is that all of this is due to the “delta variant” and the uncertainty about vaccine’s effectiveness against it, so I would expect being vaccinated won’t make any difference. Will check again on Monday and post if they create clarity.

EHLE LIMB, Netherlands

Thanks. These regs are very hard to find.

The 3 commonly used vaccines are all highly effective against the D (Indian) variant and this has been known for some weeks. As anticipated, the D is also picking up rapidly in Germany, albeit from a low base (always the way with this stuff).

Administrator
Sign in to add your message