Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

My experience differs, and surely you all can turn up with the vaccination certificate?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I am only interested if one can land at LEAP airport from France (without having to go to big AENA airport to get an expensive glove treatment from his majesty finest), I don’t care what they check at LEAP seems OK then !

At LFAT last Sunday from UK, nothing was checked other than passports

Last Edited by Ibra at 03 Jul 07:54
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

According to the UK Govt website (which is usually correct) Spain still requires a vaccination certificate.

So does France and I can confirm this is always 100% checked, including yesterday at LFAT (although I did notice they merely looked at the certificate and did not scan the QR code as they always did previously).

Administrator

Thanks aart !

When you reread the LESU fly-in thread you’ll see that the LEAP entry requirement was a hoax. And when we did the fly-in, no health checks nor vaccination paperwork checks either. Smaller AENA-fields like LESB; no checks. I haven’t been flying commercial lately so don’t know whether there are such checks at larger airports. Should you plan to land on a AENA field, just call OPS to be sure, but I’m pretty sure for private flights (do mention that) there is no checking whatsoever, like when entering Spain by car.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Can one fly to any airfield in Spain on intra-Shengen flights now? I recall last year Dreux (LFON) to Ampuriabrava (LEAP) was not possible as one has to land in few “health screening airports”

I am looking to do the trip in the next weeks (via Carcassone) but I can’t retrieve any CV19 restriction NOTAMS, not sure if it’s cancelled?

Last Edited by Ibra at 02 Jul 16:59

@Peter, I’m not getting any CV-19 boosters so I’ve been paying attention to the issue of EU entry from outside of the EU, at least for my countries of interest. France and Spain seem to be the ones with continued restrictions (confirmed by friends who just returned from a month on the road there) although testing can substitute and intra-Schengen entry on the ground is apparently no issue. After an announcement and a couple of weeks of dithering, Germany finally dropped theirs on June 11th, the day after the US dropped its inbound testing requirement. Austria, Italy, Switzerland, Slovenia, Croatia, Slovakia and Hungary are clear – I’m looking at a trip to the Tatra mountains.

For a while I was planning on entering this year through Austria (Austrian Airways, Innsbruck via Vienna) but with Germany finally changing their policy and non-stop commercial flights being available, that now appears to be my best option.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 16 Jun 14:45

I had not heard of the 7 month since last vaccination in France. My wife and I just got our second boosters. So now it totals 4 jabs. They must be a minimum of 6 months apart and I think this 4th one is only being offered to over 60’s. I don’t know of anyone who has been blocked entry if they have had 3 jabs and are under 60 or over 60 for that matter.
Regarding flying to Nantes. I would advise anyone going there, whether needing C+I or not, to get in contact with the club first, otherwise they might be liable for an exhorbitant landing fee.

France

Has every country abandoned all requirements for the last vaccination to be within x months of the travel date?

France was strictly enforcing 7 months until quite recently.

Administrator

Done

Administrator
1896 Posts
Sign in to add your message