Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

Jersey EGJJ is open to UK pilots – here

Interestingly they require 7hrs’ isolation after arrival, until they text you the result.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

From 19 July, Croatia is on the green list for the UK, which means no return quarantine even if not vaccinated.

If 2x vacced, there appears to be no difference at the UK end between green and amber countries… hard to work out though.

Regarding Alderney EGJA:

If you are 2x vacced, there is no PPR. I got sent to Guernsey FBU by Alderney for the PPR but none is needed. You have to call the “covid welcome team” on the number in the notam:

C6671/21
COVID-19 INFORMATION: ALL NON COMMERCIAL FLIGHTS FROM OUTSIDE OF
THE BAILWICK OF GUERNSEY ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE REGISTERED ON THE
TRAVEL TRACKER APP. PILOTS ARE REQUIRED TO BOOK IN WITH THE ALDERNEY
WELCOME TEAM IN ORDER FOR THEIR FLIGHT TO BE BOOKED IN FOR AN ARRIVAL
SLOT TO ENABLE TRAVEL TRACKER VERIFICATION AND TESTING IF REQUIRED.
TIMES FOR ARRIVAL ARE:
MON-THU 1015-1145 AND 1415-1545
FRI-SUN 1015-1145 AND 1605-1735
A MEMBER OF THE ALDERNEY WELCOME TEAM CAN BE CONTACTED ON
07781 130335.
ONCE PILOTS HAVE BOOKED WITH THE ALDERNEY WELCOME TEAM A FLIGHT PLAN
SHOULD BE FILED AND THE TIME BOOKED APPENDED IN FIELD 18.
FOR TRAVEL TRACKER INFORMATION:
HTTPS://COVID19.GOV.GG/GUIDANCE/TRAVEL/TRAVELTRACKER

I got no reply so left a message. You have to also upload your vacc data and passport data to that .gg website mentioned earlier. Then the usual GAR (one for the UK and one for Guernsey!) and flight plan Not really possible to do a day trip due to the above “welcome team” timetable.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

From 19 July, Croatia is on the green list for the UK, which means no return quarantine even if not vaccinated.
If 2x vacced, there appears to be no difference at the UK end between green and amber countries… hard to work out though.

Is that ALL the UK countries or just England?

France back to UK quarantine list…

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57869880

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Alderney EGJA went smoothly today. The “covid welcome team” turned up in bio warfare suits (only partly kidding) and saying 3 people have tested positive so the island is “going into full lockdown”. Well, some people love this stuff; it gives them lots to do. I estimate 73.5% of the human population of the 1st World will be really sad when CV19 goes away. But everyone was nice. Their “guernsey travel tracker” website worked fine; you need to have it running on your phone because they get you to show it to them when you walk in.

ATC told me while airborne that I must remain “within aircraft footprint” until processed by the welcome team, which we did, and after half an hour I tried to call them on the above number (which almost never gets answered BTW; you just leave a message) they said they are waiting for us at the entrance!

Pity about France. There goes my £100 LFAT trip plan, not to mention the one for collecting the TKS fluid from Caen. The latter should be possible anyway because of remaining airside, but you never quite know…

Alderney report

Administrator

I would definitely not encourage anyone to go and fly tot he UK from France for fun, but for valid operational reasons the air crew exemptions apply if you are the legal operator of the aircraft.

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

My observations during recent eurotrip:
Lithuania- EYPR gliding club- nobody cares
Slovakia – LZTT- police checks vaccine certificate, at nearby Mlynica nobody cares. Masks (hanging below nose) indoors
Hungary – immigration looks at covidpass
Croatia- Split – if presented, immigration checked covidpass with a scanner, if you didn’t show it, nobody asked
Slovenia/Maribor – Immigration warned that we need covidpass if we want to enter
CZ – Frydlandt – nobody cares
Lithuania- EYKS – nobody cares

EETU, Estonia

ivark wrote:

Slovenia/Maribor – Immigration warned that we need covidpass if we want to enter

Two weeks ago nobody cared there when I entered Slovenia.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Peter wrote:

ATC told me while airborne that I must remain “within aircraft footprint” until processed by the welcome team

I did not know you guys were radiating like plotonium

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

ATC told me while airborne that I must remain “within aircraft footprint”

You see, I read that and giggled because I was wondering how @Peter would attempt to “leave the footprint of the aeroplane” while airborne…

Regards, SD..

Sign in to add your message