Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

Rwy20 wrote:

Would be helpful/reassuring for a trip to the Canary Islands where indeed I’d have to go for a test somewhere during the trip due to the short window you get between taking the test, getting the results, and the results being too old to use.

According to what I hear from people who have taken tests at ZRH, the result is usually available roughly 4-5 hours after the test, same day. You have a 72 hour window altogether. So pretty much 2 1/2 days after the results are there.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

More indications that travel between Ireland and the UK will be quarantine free and without restrictions in the coming weeks.

Irish Times

It is behind a paywall, but you get a few articles free per day.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Croatian position update here. Looks workable

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

According to press reports here, Germany has put the UK back onto the list of risk countries, due to the rise in infections by the Indian mutation.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

That’s a laugh, surely

What does it exactly mean, for travelling there (this thread)?

Administrator

The curent list and the explanations, in English, are here.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I read in the papers today that the EU has a general ban on foreigners entering it for nonessential journeys. Is this really implemented anywhere? Croatia for example says nothing about the journey having to be essential.

Administrator

Ireland does and is handing out fines for it. But that largely seems to have stopped as those traveling have their excuse ready.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

jfw wrote:

I am wondering if a trip from Belgium to Midden-Zeeland was possible with the current COVID restrictions.

@jfw I’ve not seen anyone checking anything here, including EHMZ. They even kept their restaurant open when it wasn’t allowed! And I’m a US citizen flying a Romanian registered airplane, so it’s not like I just “blend in” with the crowd.

EHRD, Netherlands

They must have not understood the question, because refuel stops are CV19 exempt everywhere.

Where can I find this regulation? Would be helpful to show to the authorities once they show up at the fuel pump… ;-)
Our plan is to fly from Germany to Menorca with a fuel stop at Dijon Darois (the small Dijon airfield operated by the Aeroclub). I already contacted the club but they have no idea of what regulations are in place. They have a fuel pump which you can operate on your own and pay with credit cards without having to exit air side.

Last Edited by Axel at 16 May 09:56
Sign in to add your message