Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

You can enter UK without ordering “test to release” but will need to order it while on quarantine at home, obviously at the discretion of who ever meets you at the border, no one check it on GA arrivals but on Eurotunnel you will get asked for one and surely on CAT arrivals they are 24H/7D and have big pax lounge & internet for you to order it !

Having CV19 vaccine or recovery from CV19 makes no difference to the process on test & quarantine which “is dumb & fair” depending if lockdown = yes or no

Last Edited by Ibra at 20 Apr 19:04
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

vacc certificate

What is the UK vaccination certificate that can be accepted by other authorities at the airport?
That little card that says which vaccine and which batch?
Or is it some other document?

EGTR

Currently it will have to be that silly little card, or a printout of your GP record. That’s all there is. I have both, but I am specially privileged to have online access to my GP record – took me 49 years to get that

Either is trivial to photoshop, so it is worthless. But so was the 72hr PCR test which I used to visit Italy last October.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Now no limits on GA within Scotland. Today Dornoch was very busy with aircraft from Perth and Aberdeen as well as local.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Were there ever limits on GA? There was that law saying you can’t leave your house without a good reason, which I think must be gone now.

Administrator

Does anyone know the latest on an A&P travelling England to Jersey for an inspection and coming back to England?

It is CTA.

I think, for the England end, it is this and this may be applicable

Police in England seem to be clueless on this stuff.

As for the Jersey end, I think one would have to ask the police there. No idea where to find their latest regs.

Administrator

At Inverness EGPE landaway needed a reason – eg. ferry. Now landaway in Scotland is OK.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Landaway anywhere in the Common Travel Area (except the Republic of Ireland) is also OK, even in north-east Jockistan – unless the EGPE lagerführer and inmates haven’t kept up to speed with the latest amendment to our old bedtime-reading friend, Schedule 7A to The Health Protection (Coronavirus) (Restrictions and Requirements) (Local Levels) (Scotland) Regulations 2020

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Thank you. So what is left is checking with Jersey.

Administrator

Are pilots allowed to transit through France?

I am trying to get back down to Italy ASAP from the UK probably in the next 2 weeks. My PA28 will need a fuel stop in France (in the past I’ve done Carcassonne or Grenoble)

As I own a house in Italy I have the right to go there and I can show French Customs my ENEL or other utility bill. It is not for a holiday, it is for business.

The guidance on the French Government website mentions a PCR test 72 hours before departure, however there is not much information on Transit as it is probably quite unusual as not many GA flights are doing this right now.

Can anybody help with any guidance?

Thanks!

United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message