Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Airports that require special qualifications

Even the English language page only points to the German-language document, so it looks like that’s the only version.

Regarding introduction flight, best would be to contact the airport directly with questions about the flight, arranging an instructor, etc. There is apparently a flight school at the airport, and I would guess that any of its instructors would be qualified to do the introduction flight.

Last Edited by chflyer at 27 Dec 16:42
LSZK, Switzerland

chflyer wrote:

The introduction flight needed for Cat A aircraft can now be done with a local FI after first landing, rather than the previous ludicrous need for the instructor to travel to the pilot who could then fly to Samedan with the instructor for the landing/introduction.

Interestingly if you are an FI or have a mountain rating, you don’t need any introduction flight even for class A.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Talking to FI from the region, you have to be a Samedan current FI.
FI alone does not suffice – changes apparently a few years ago.
Still a question, does anyone wants to see your log book to check that you are current ???

EDM_, Germany

Talking to FI from the region, you have to be a Samedan current FI.

.. in order to do familiarisation flights with non-FI pilots, yes.

FI alone does not suffice – changes apparently a few years ago.

It does suffice to be an FI in order to be waived the instruction flight. The new guidance doc is now even clearer on that than the previous one.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 27 Dec 21:11
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

ch.ess wrote:

Still a question, does anyone wants to see your log book to check that you are current ???

I fly there since the currency rule was introduced and nobody ever asked me about the annual online test or my last lading there in all those years. But I assume if an accident happens or you fly strange they will ask.

Peter wrote:

you need a flight with an instructor but you can do that after you landed there? How does that work?

The bad accidents with small aircraft did happen on take off due to limited performance. So I assume they think it is safe for anybody to land and then you do your first take off and traffic pattern with the instructor.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Nobody should be flying with their pilot logbook.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

By the way, I just redid the test (after doing it once a couple of years ago).

First of all, the elearning site they have created works very well, also on the iphone. Nicely done.

First, I spent 5 to 10 minutes clicking through the briefing doc – 69 pages…ugh!

Then I took the test, which took me another 5 minutes. Many questions on there are not LSZS-specific, but general PPL or general mountain flying stuff.

Several questions I had no idea, but in the end, I passed with a score of 83% (minimum is 75%).

As an FI myself, I might drop in there on Sunday.

One word: BRILLIANT!

You went there today?

Beautiful pics!

Did you find out anything about the options for booking an instructor?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yep, today. -20C this morning there, and still -12 when we arrived at noon. Fantastic mountain atmosphere and a slick airport operation – at a price.

No idea who exactly offers these familiarization flights there. I just arrived, had a wonderful lunch with a friend who is there on vacation, paid and left again.

Sign in to add your message