Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying to Brindisi next week - AvGas stop on Adriatic coast

So I wonder where Navbox got it from?

It means

• no Navbox user has been to Brindisi since 2008, and/or
  • they have but didn’t bother reporting the error, and/or
  • the program is no longer updated from the AIP

Also people should always make complete posts so e.g. give the year when they got fuel somewhere. It saves a lot of running around.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

This website has a few PIREPs and the last one for Brindisi is dated August 2015 – “No AvGas” .

LIBR

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Trying to figure what the airport fees at Brindisi are…

The translation on this document is a real joke, like “sensible countries” and “Landing and take off applied to general aviation (only for private flights) to be multiplied by two” …

Then there’s the “To be calculated on Aircraft Category for Fire Fighting”

Brindisi fees

Last Edited by Michael at 23 Dec 11:46
FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Michael,
Brindisi has not AVGAS, in your place I would file a Y Flight Plan from Paris to Aviosuperfice Corte (Icao code LINB) and cancel IFR over Brindisi. In case of bad weather I would make the approach in Brindisi and once reached the DA follow VFR until Corte (no more than 10 minutes) and land.

WellsA
LSZA

Wells – I saw your post and thank-you for responding.

That said, my destination is North of Brindisi (near Ostuni ) so flying to LINB will add a whole hour to the driving.

Then there’s the fact that it’s dirt runway – not sure I want to take my Lancair there unless I was 100% of the condition.

I’ve found plenty of options for fuel en-route

That siad, perhaps there is something you can tell me about why I should avoid landing/parking Brindisi ?

Last Edited by Michael at 23 Dec 14:26
FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

No, you shouldn’t avoid to land/park in Brindisi if fuel is not a problem. I landed there few years ago, all the staff at the airport was friendly and professional.

WellsA
LSZA

Interesting that you say that. Brindisi was my worst experience in Italy so far. When we refueled they told us that they “could not give us an invoice” for the fuel, because “the computer was down”.
When i insisted that i wanted at least a hand written receipt for payment the guy got angry and let us wait 30 minutes at the holding position in the heat, pretending not to hear us …

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 23 Dec 17:30

Next time ask them: when the computer is working could you kindly send me the invoice by mail?

WellsA
LSZA

You bet that i did just that. But when i pay a couple of hundred € i guess i can ask for a receipt. It’s ridiculous to even have to talk about that …

I landed to Brindisi August 2015
No AVGAS
Foggia have
I put landing fees datas in you-fly

https://www.you-fly.com/airport/libf/Foggia#list

https://www.you-fly.com/airport/libr/Brindisi#list

I always prefer small airfield but outside my own country it’s always difficult to find…

PPG
LFNV
Sign in to add your message