Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying to Brindisi next week - AvGas stop on Adriatic coast

C210_Flyer wrote:

Should I therefore assume

Never heard the quote “assumption is the mother of all f_ck_ps” ? Why not simply ask?

Last Edited by at 09 Jan 15:30
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Flyer59 wrote:

Why are there speed limits on US highways while i can drive to EDML with 250 kph?

I was on the Autobahn and got a speeding ticket. So there appears to be speed limits on the autobahn and not just on US Highways.

Yes I do like driving on the Autobahn in Germany even if they do have speed limits. Americans drive me nuts when they are in the passing lane hogging the road and holding up traffic.I tried the German approach and flash my lights but they just get angry and slowed down. They have serious driving issues over there.

The one thing I like more about driving in the US, is that I dont have to be worried about “speed cameras” on every road. Not that I speed more than 15 over the limit anyway.

Besides Im not unhappy about flying in Europe there are just some things that would really help GA that are not implemented and I cant understand the complacency regarding that.

KHTO, LHTL

Jan_Olieslagers wrote:

Never heard the quote “assumption is the mother of all f_ck_ps” ? Why not simply ask?

Now Im not the one who actually made that assumption of course I would ask.

Peter_Paul wrote:

no landing fees!!!!(that is why they are not on the web page

As I pointed out there is an airport which does charge a landing fee but also dosent list it on there Web Page.

But if you were to go over the thread the question was, why I thought it was a good website. It would have been a great web site had it listed what they charge and dont charge. As well as if the Web page would continue in English. However having it would be better if they had it in Italian and English.

KHTO, LHTL

there is NO landing fees also no hidden landing fees
Radio can sometimes in Italy on airfields like this a bit of a problem as it is not always commun to speak in english

there is a nice link on boscos web site but it is only geman maybe u can ask him if he can do it in english too
http://www.fliegen-in-italien.de/flugfunk.html

fly2000

Just bring a German speaker along its easier.

Thanks for the link it looks good.

KHTO, LHTL

Guess where the BEST AUTOMATED FUELING STATION in Europe is ?
SURPRISE – Italy – Check it out : Aviosuperficie Zamboni
AvgAs – MoGas – JetA1
24/7 operation !

Not sure if this was posted elsewhere (been out all day doing the Annual) but can they sell avgas to visitors? There are loads of airfields on Italy where they have avgas but they are not allowed to sell it outsiders. In practice that means they won’t sell it to somebody who has insufficient mastery of the Italian language to appreciate the “obvious alternative solution” to the issue

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I have an eMail from the gentleman who owns the field: Yes, any pilot can use the pump with cash or VISA 24/7

i have been there on 4 ocasion (once with no soul anywere near)
the machine for paying take cc or cash banknotes similar as to many petrol stations for cars in italy
and yes Peter – also NON italians can get the fuel

fly2000
78 Posts
Sign in to add your message