Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying to Brindisi next week - AvGas stop on Adriatic coast

Michael wrote:

Takes CASH OR Visa !

Happy you were there and can give a pirep that is accurate. Because looking at what I consider a good website I cant tell that they accept CC for 100LL.

“Payments for gasoline are accepted cash or by Bancomat; for Jet A-1 by credit cards, Bancomat or cash.
People arriving from abroad and wishing to fuel with Jet A-1, please get in touch with Giovanni Pozzi +39 339 5844616 or Gianni Zamboni +39 335 6398285.

Jet A-1 fueling service is free"

KHTO, LHTL

Payments for gasoline are accepted cash or by Bancomat; for Jet A-1 by credit cards, Bancomat or cash.

I find it difficult to read that other than “for gasoline, credit cards are not accepted”

BTW which is the website you consider good?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Flyer59 wrote:

Hey, why are you trying to make yourself unhappy with all the compromises GA has in Europe compared to the US? Don’t you think that will destroy all the fun? There’s a lot of stuff American pilot’s will never have!

- Reach + 20 countries all within 3 hours of flight
- Visit many different cultures in no time!
- You can fly to France!
- Land on 1500 feet runways and tell it to your US friends! ;-)
- Enjoy the great German ATC service and ATC all over Europe that speaks your language!
- (The IFR approach to EDMS is only € 4.90) ;-))

Why do you only care about the downsides?

Why do I care about downside. Its because most Europeans just accept things without from what I can see is any meaningful opposition. They make excuses for things instead of standing up against stupid rules like airports that have to close because nobody is there.

Yes I love the fact that I can fly to +20 countries including France which I will do so this year.
Your right I could land on 1500’ but with mid wt it takes exactly 600m or 1700’ to break ground (ground roll).
I love the ATC services in Europe they all speak English. I especially like to go back over the Paris sector because there the women controllers there take extra care to sound sexy to us foreigners.

Ive avoided EDMS approach fees by not associating them (EDMS) with the word IFR in any way shape or form.

But that still does not answer the question why airports need to be manned otherwise they are closed. I fly into a private airport in Hungary LHKV. You self announce your position. There is nobody in the “Control Tower” you land no fuss no muss. Although they dont have SS pumps but if you call ahead someone will come out and meet you to fuel the plane since they live nearby. I always give them a tip when they do things out of the ordinary since they dont charge for the extra service. Im from the US so I grew up in a tipping culture. So everyone makes out but the state looking for that 29% VAT. Think of it as my contribution to helping the poor become less poor.

Contrast that to flying into LHFM which I have already written about. Great customer service there. Im being sarcastic, so dont want to give the wrong impression. The guy who is in the control tower is not physically there but on the radio directing things I guess from the toiletten. He is running the show from who knows where. Does not take the landing fee because he is not available. I search out who alternative that I then pay. Then the “tower guy”acts dumb when you ask him things on the radio causing an unsafe situation even though he is in “control” of an non towered airport. No tip for him.

Right now Im looking to go skiing from Budapest to Bolzano. Just to use the plane for something practical. If there is no snow there than Ill fly to EDMA and take the train to Garmisch or if friends flying with me rent a car and drive to Kitzbuhel.

KHTO, LHTL

C210_Flyer wrote:

Payments for gasoline are accepted cash or by Bancomat; for Jet A-1 by credit cards, Bancomat or cash.

Jan_Olieslagers wrote:

I find it difficult to read that other than “for gasoline, credit cards are not accepted”

My understanding would be you can use the credit card in the ATM (bancomat), the downside would be your credit card company might (will) treat it as a cash withdrawal, likely charging additional fees and immediate interest. Unless your “credit” card is actually a debit card, in which case I’d expect it to work the same as any ATM (bancomat) withdrawal in Italy.

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

Jan_Olieslagers wrote:

BTW which is the website you consider good?

The one Michael posted which is below:

Michael wrote:

Guess where the BEST AUTOMATED FUELING STATION in Europe is ?

SURPRISE – Italy – Check it out : Aviosuperficie Zamboni

Reading the website it appears that they take cash or bancomat for gasoline but dont mention 100LL. Bancomat =A bank debit card perhaps? Or are you saying a Bancomat is a Credit Card as well?

I listed it as good since it gives you the total fuel available but not the current price. Also even though the website is in English when you click off the page to other areas like regulations etc its all in Italian. Nowhere did I find any fee schedule for landing, overnight stay,hours of operation etc.. But I did find useful info on runway length

KHTO, LHTL

Different cultures, different history, different mentaltities …. no use getting upset by it all the time!

Why are there speed limits on US highways while i can drive to EDML with 250 kph? Why would no waiter in Japan, or a guy at a fuel pump (who cleans your whole car while he fills it up!!) never take a tip? Really never!

All in all, there’s GREAT flying in Europe.

A “bancomat” is an ATM – so I’d think any card that can be used in an ATM will work. Might be best to just call/email the field and ask, they seem to be in it because they want to run a great airfield, not because they have a government “job” to do, and answering emails is not in the job description ;-)

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

@ C210 flyer
C210_Flyer wrote:

Nowhere did I find any fee schedule for landing, overnight stay,hours of operation

no landing fees!!!!(that is why they are not on the web page

also if you get no response on the radio than you just do it US Style give ur position and intendions and go ahead
fly2000

Thanks tmo that is what Michael said so the Web site is none too clear but I suspect somehow they made it work. I guess we will have to wait for him to enlighten us.

Never heard the term bancomat however now that I know it s an ATM at least I know it will dispense cash. Never understood how some airports want cash for fuel who carries that much cash?

I can understand that some fuelers charge 3%-4% for CC use since they are charged. So having an ATM available reduces the 3% charge for the fuel bill.

KHTO, LHTL

Peter Paul having no landing fee declared on their Website is no guarantee that there are none. If I had a business where I wanted more sales I would certainly advertize that which would bring more business in.

Now to backup my claim, on this website ( http://www.meidl.hu/ ) where I know there is a landing fee, there is no mention of one. Should I therefore assume it is free?

Peter_Paul wrote:

also if you get no response on the radio than you just do it US Style give ur position and intendions and go ahead

The trouble was that the tower guy was communicating with everyone else but me, thinking I guess, I did not pay my landing fee. Instead of just using his ____ radio and asking. Thats conclusion I came up with after ruminating about it for a day.

KHTO, LHTL
Sign in to add your message