Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly to ski

Any dates in mind for this? And how many days are you thinking for the trip?

It depends on weather (which needs to be CAVOK for a few days) and of course snow.

I would think it would be “organised” (to the extent anything gets organised ) for a few days around a weekend, but it depends. A lot of time flexibility is needed otherwise nothing will happen.

The webcams show that snow has just started.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Ok Peter it’s Mark Matthews Heli G SUTY I’d like to come on the next trip to the Aosta and would welcome further info

United Kingdom

We only managed a few days on the slopes ‘Fly-to-Ski’ this year, and will possibly only manage a few this coming season too, but as always we are keen to join in with others, if we can make the dates work.

Last Edited by GA_Pete at 29 Oct 20:57
United Kingdom

The plan, I think, is to watch the snow, in case December is possible, otherwise we will aim for mid-Jan. Maybe in November we will set up a telegram group as usual which those who are in a position to potentially go should join, and that’s where most of the updates will go.

The destination will be Aosta → Cervinia and this is fixed, otherwise it becomes impossible to organise anything

At the bottom is food

Views are okay too

Administrator

Definitely keen to try Aosta. Now I’m old, I’m not fussy where I ride. It’s more about the whole experience….flying, Snow, the mountains, the ambience. Maybe even a beer or three. Ok four.

United Kingdom

We will be looking at around 10-15 Dec and then mid Jan, wx dependent of course. Accommodation is harder to find after 15th Dec due to holidays and xmas.

Fly2ski 2023/2024 telegram group. Please join if you intend to turn up, either to ski or just muck about in the snow

Telegram group https://t.me/+fuVPgiLziDczYzg8

Mailshot going out overnight. If you don’t get the email, check that you have allowed email under Preferences.

Administrator

A lot of snow has arrived already in Cervinia.

webcam

Current timeframe to aim for still looks like 10-15 Dec, with another one mid-Jan.

Administrator

That does look like a good base for the season. Just hope it doesn’t see too many positive temperatures over the coming weeks.

United Kingdom

The lowest slow areas have 0.5m.

Avalanche risk is moderate but that affects only off-piste people. The pistes are mostly nowhere near where anything can get to.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message