Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly to ski

I’m planning to check out Cervinia 24-28. Flying to Aosta if the weather is right.

LPFR, Poland

You will feel right at home if you fly (or divert) to Turin

It would be interesting to get feedback on the costs.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I landed in Turin last summer and reported it on the database. Not cheap, close to 200 euros for a Piper Arrow staying for less than an hour. Guess the M600 in the picture got a different bill…
But it’s a good place for diverting and you have all facilities (cabs, car rental) to get to Cervinia.
I would contact https://www.esair.it/ even if it’s an alternate, as they will arrange PPR and anything else needed with the airport. I’m not sure you can just file LIMF as alternate and turn up (maybe yes but I don’t trust Italian burocracy ;)). The handler was quite quick in communication.

EHLE LIMB, Netherlands

This week, I was skiing in several Italian ski areas. Here some tips / ideas for your next “fly to ski” trips:

• Asiago (LIDA)
    I’ve visited Asiago by GA several times (lovely airfield btw.), but never went skiing in the nearby ski areas, as it has often no snow and is far away from home. Luckily, I was able to do so this week. Close to the airport, in about 15-20 min drive by car, there are “Le Melette” to the east and “Verena 2000” to the west. Both destinations aren’t big, but they have exceptionally good groomers and enormous slopes for just a few lifts. Both ski areas offer wide views from the Po valley up to the Dolomites. Prices for a day pass are low: From €27,00 during the week in Le Melette, up to €43,00 in Verena 2000 during weekends. The season lasts up to the 30th of April, as long as there is snow. While snow is an ‘issue’ down here, I would only recommend Asiago for a spontaneous visit. You can also directly rent a hotel room at the airport, including breakfast and the option to have dinner. You will love it, I’m sure!
    Le Melette
    Verena 2000
  • Aosta (LIMW)
    Sure, this airport is often mentioned in this topic for “fly to ski” and used for meetups. However, it seems you guys only pay Cervinia a visit. While I love especially Zermatt, the Aosta valley has way more to offer. “La Thuile” for example (which is connected with the French resort La Rosière), “Courmayeur”, and Aosta-“Pila”. They are all great and especially Courmayeur offers magnificent views on the Mont Blanc, while La Thuile is huge and cheap at 50-55€ for a day pass (and also offers many magnificent views). All ski areas offer great and wide slopes / groomers and Pila is of course very close to the airport (only 8 min drive by taxi). Another little secret area is “Crévacol”, close to the Swiss border (Gd-St-Bernard). Just two lifts with enormous slope variants… Great for one day!
    La Thuile / La Rosière (Espace San Bernardo)
    Courmayeur with Monte Bianco
    Crévacol
Last Edited by Frans at 16 Mar 13:14
Switzerland

Peter wrote:

It would be interesting to get feedback on the costs.

Italian airports take their time to issue invoices, but here it is.
Turin LIMF, 4 nights, 6 tons, 2 crew+3 pax in, 1 crew+3 pax out.

Handling charged separately and it was a bit of a rip off, but I can only blame myself for not doing the arrangements in advance.

Cervinia was fantastic. I’ll be coming back.

@Frans thank you very much for the valuable advice on other resorts.

LPFR, Poland
Sign in to add your message