Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Getting to Hvar LDSH (Croatia)

I can’t judge the quality of the runway and the quantity of small stones, I can only say it’s very different than it was in the spring.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

@Emir exactly…
The actual management of grass is wrong & not just about grass….

@mmgreve
Great,
but your picture just confirms the whole trouble.
Now with first rain, the big stones are going to “grow up” from the soil.
Since May, the grass was allowed to overgrown, and than cut to the ground – when EMS service
filed complain about the area used for state operations, the remains of grass than in burned by sun.

Now we see the clear results of 5 month winter cleaning of runway. And now after the grass evaporation,
you can get some souvenirs on prop.
Just like the one (of total four) on our prop from the last summer. That cost us 2k euro ++

Regarding the PC 12, that is part of the other problem, the LDSH is allowed for 1520 kg MTOW
in case of any incident that is criminal offense of the responsible crew on the ground and in plane.

Good luck ;)

Last Edited by 9A_LDSH at 26 Jul 11:45
Croatia

Happy to report that I made it OK and flew the long distance to Brac (LDSB) to refuel before heading north.

There are clearly different opinions, but I would not hesitate to go back. It is one of the better grass / gravel strips in hot climates I have been to. It is a lovely island, but difficult to get to and while landing at Brac seemed like an easy option, the logistics are crazy (one boat a day to Hvar, so your looking at a private boat transfer that would make a new prop seem like the cheaper option )

Should mention that Brac is a super great airport as well. Immediate response to emails and managed a 20min turn-around on or fuel stop.

Having read up on the posting tips, let me try to see if the video can be imbedded this time
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/4PabKaUpMyc

(OK, I give up !)

Last Edited by mmgreve at 30 Jul 17:09
EGTR

Link worked perfectly.

United Kingdom

Yes but the video does not embed. This is because it uses a different version of YT called “shorts”. It is the same issue as embedding say FB, twatter, etc videos.

Normal YT videos work but need a blank line after the URL – here.

A web page which embeds “anything” has to support HTML pretty well funny and then you create a way it for get exploits. So EuroGA supports he standard YT and the standard Vimeo formats, only.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

mmgreve wrote:

It is a lovely island, but difficult to get to and while landing at Brac seemed like an easy option, the logistics are crazy (one boat a day to Hvar, so your looking at a private boat transfer that would make a new prop seem like the cheaper option

We looked at this last year and discovered that we could get a small boat to ferry you across from Bol, on Brac, to somewhere like Jelsa, on Hvar, for well under E100.

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

mmgreve wrote:

It is a lovely island, but difficult to get to and while landing at Brac seemed like an easy option, the logistics are crazy (one boat a day to Hvar, so your looking at a private boat transfer that would make a new prop seem like the cheaper option

We looked at this last year and discovered that we could get a small boat to ferry you across from Bol, on Brac, to somewhere like Jelsa, on Hvar, for well under E100.

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

There’s regular ferry from Bol to Hvar once a day during summer.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Personal stuff removed.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hvar to Bol transfer -I can provide some up to date information. Brac was unable to accept anybody for parking this weekend and a Hvar flying visitor yesterday needed to get to Bol . I took him to Vrboska where he took a private charter across. It was 120 Euros.
( Thank you Administrator for your last..!)
HP

Last Edited by Hairyplane at 05 Aug 07:09
Sign in to add your message