Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Getting to Hvar LDSH (Croatia)

There’s already thread on Vis. No ICAO code because it has never been officially opened but it was supposed to be LDIV.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

And if anybody wants to buy 2000 sqm land on which to build their dream villa just 2 km from the airstrip and with views of the sea do let me know!

Forever learning
EGTB

That’s enough for a 1km runway, 2m wide.
Or a 200m runway, 5m wide, and that would be fine for an RV

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

200m would be doable in RV14 but with RV15

and 200 ft take off distance, this 2000sqm piece of land looks really promising as a landing spot

Poland

Peter wrote:

A pity about the Hvar LDSH airfield. It should be suitable for anything with a decent clearance and who doesn’t mind getting their retractable gear full of dirt.

The history of LDSH started in mid 80ties of the last century. The island was one local
administrative community. The main player in touristic sector was"Suncani Hvar" public company based in Hvar.
My grand father was captain on the boats supplying the Suncani Hvar, in total 6 of my older family members was
participating in Suncani Hvar which paid for LDSH.
The initial plan was to build 1800 m strip, but that was stopped because old ancient Greek cadastre on
that “Ager” or “Hora” field.
Finally the strip is built on now days size within one of old Greek 900 × 900 m plot.
During the last war in 1991. there was the base of local Croatian forces, the field was under attack and some planes are damaged.
The remains of one Air Tractor are still visible. The tip of one unguided rocket from that attack is on prominent place within our house.

In 1993. one initiative for asphalt cover of runway was stopped by Ager movement and after that
the runway was deserted for couple years.

After the war the local community on the island are divided on much smaller portions, namely 4 of them
=> Hvar, Stari Grad (with LDSH), Jelsa, Sućuraj
Than the local aero club Faros is established and made temporary registration of LDSH which is celebrating now 26 years.
In short, the limits now are =>
1520 kg MTOW
PPR is MANDATORY
State vertical traffic for medical transport have priority!!! (HEMS)
The drainage and storm calvert system is an issue, therefore the runway is not safe after
the rain even in summer. That is also main reason for 1520 kg MTOW limit.

There is also background story why only temporary registration of LDSH is now possible.
Some sources are claiming LDSH like “private airport”, this is not true.

The LDSH is public and will remain public, the majority (99%) of airport land is now owned
by community, city of Stari Grad, the remain of 1% is going to be resolved with time.
The source of all that trouble is transition from YU to CRO and transition of local community
authority.

The commitment of Stari Grad to have proper public airport LDSH and to provide decent safety
level for public services is really serious.

Last Edited by 9A_LDSH at 07 Aug 12:28
Croatia

Emir wrote:

There’s already thread on Vis. No ICAO code because it has never been officially opened but it was supposed to be LDIV.

Can write the whole story about Vis too, in case the audience is interested :)

Croatia

Stickandrudderman wrote:

And if anybody wants to buy 2000 sqm land on which to build their dream villa just 2 km from the airstrip and with views of the sea do let me know!

So this place is for trading offers too ?! :D

If anybody wants to buy 7000 sqm near the LDSH, in fact with 40 m front in 6 m (road wide) distance from LDSH runway safety area.
Clear papers 1/1 ownership.
I am open for offers ;)

Last Edited by 9A_LDSH at 07 Aug 12:44
Croatia

The LDSH is public and will remain public, the majority (99%) of airport land is now owned
by community, city of Stari Grad, the remain of 1% is going to be resolved with time.

Let me guess… the catholic church?

So this place is for trading offers too

Guys, if you are gonna do that, it will have to be free landing fees for EuroGA participants, for ever, and a 1% commission via our Donate button

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Can write the whole story about Vis too, in case the audience is interested :)

Please do that in Vis thread.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Peter wrote:

Let me guess… the catholic church?

Negative…
Some greedy family members of ex owners and one mistake in plot number….

Peter wrote:

Guys, if you are gonna do that, it will have to be free landing fees for EuroGA participants, for ever, and a 1% commission via our Donate button

Deal for the second part, for the first part – that is well above my pay grade :P

Last Edited by 9A_LDSH at 07 Aug 14:10
Croatia
Sign in to add your message