Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ME/IR and SE/IR

Salim wrote:

In France at least, you can also credit the MEP + ME IR renewal test towards the SEP renewal requirement.

You mean revalidation, right?

I.e. instead of having to do 12h SEP including 1h with an instructor, you can do 12h SEP and mention the fact you successfully went through MEP + ME IR renewal.

EASA-wide, any class or type rating proficiency check, skill test or assessment of competence in any other class or type of aeroplane replaces the “1 hour refresher training with FI or CRI” for SEP class rating revalidation. FCL.740.A (b)(1)(ii)

ELLX

Snoopy wrote:

biannual

Biennial not biannual

Last Edited by Snoopy at 13 Sep 19:09
always learning
LO__, Austria

lionel wrote:

I.e. instead of having to do 12h SEP including 1h with an instructor, you can do 12h SEP and mention the fact you successfully went through MEP + ME IR renewal.

MEP + ME or either?

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

MEP + ME or either?

The MEP revalidation by itself is certainly enough. It is a “class rating proficiency check”. The ME IR revalidation all by itself without MEP revalidation, I’m not so sure. From reading the regulation exactly, it sounds like not. It is a proficiency check, but not a “class rating proficiency check”. But an initial ME IR exempts you from the SEP refresher training, since it is a “skill test in any other class or type of aeroplane”.

ELLX

So id I do a proficiency check on a multi engine jet can I credit the IR for the SEP?

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy, we were discussing exemption of the “1 hour refresher training with FI or CRI” for SEP class rating revalidation, not SE IR revalidation. To revalidate a SEP class rating, you need:

• EITHER a proficiency check in a SEP
  • OR all of:
    • in the last year 6 hours PIC on SEP
    • in the last year 12 hours on SEP
    • in the last year 12 take-offs and 12 landings
    • 1h refresher training OR a pass any class or type rating proficiency check OR pass any skill test or assessment of competence in any other class or type of aeroplane.

So your proficiency check for the type rating of a multi engine jet will exempt you from the 1h refresher training only. It will allow you to revalidate your SEP class rating if you have the 12h total / 6h PIC / 12 take-offs and landings on SEP in the last year.

Last Edited by lionel at 13 Sep 19:43
ELLX

Thanks for clarification.
How can I have 12 hours in a SEP and only 6 PIC? Is there a Multi Pilot Sep? Commercial IFR perhaps?

always learning
LO__, Austria

Dual with instructor, e.g. to get night rating.

ESME, ESMS

Snoopy wrote:

So id I do a proficiency check on a multi engine jet can I credit the IR for the SEP?

If you do a PC for ME/IR on a multi engine jet it will be credited to your SE/IR (regardless if you have SEP or SET).

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I have now received my new license and I can confirm that the ME/IR checkride gives both ME/IR and SE/IR, at least in Sweden.

ESME, ESMS
Sign in to add your message