Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ME/IR and SE/IR

Wow Dimme, did you win Euromillion ? Or rob a bank (don’t answer then ) ?
Congrats anyway.
Do you know where you will rent an IFR SEP after your training, or do you plan to buy a plane ?

LFOU, France

Hehe @Jujupilote I didn’t win anything. I will mostly be bankrupt after I finish all licences, with the hope of putting them to use.

The are a few IFR 172s and Pipers around here so that should not be a huge problem. Having money left to rent them will be a bigger problem.

Thanks for the congrats but I will reserve them for after passing my checkrides. You can’t fail if your aim is to fail ;)

ESME, ESMS

Related question:

I have a SP SEP IR and would like to (possibly) regain my SP MEP IR (lapsed more than 3 years).

EASA FCL states that for
„(iv) expiry longer than 3 years: the applicant should again undergo the training required for the initial issue of the rating or, in case of helicopter, the training required for the ‘additional type issue’, according to other valid ratings held.“

Where can I find the specific requirements related to the above (expired >3 years)?

This is all I could find but it is not specific (how many flight hours etc..).

FCL.725 Requirements for the issue of class and type ratings
(a) Training course. An applicant for a class or type rating shall complete a training course at an ATO. The type rating training course shall include the mandatory training elements for the relevant type as defined in the operational suitability data established in accordance with Part-21.

Thank you!

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy – I think it’s up to ATO or training facility/instructor. But as an example, my JAR PPL was expired more than 16 years when I went to renew, and it took probably around 5hrs, as I recall.

SEP IR … MEP IR

Just to be precise – there are SEP and MEP and SE/IR and ME/IR. Regarding your question, I guess your MEP and ME/IR are both expired. So first you have to regain MEP (some ground training at ATO and AFAIR 5 flight hours in MEP) and then ME/IR (some 3 flight hours if you hold valid SE/IR).

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Thanks that is good info. I’ll go to an ATO and they will set up a course and all but I would like to find the specific legal requirements stating how many flight hours are required etc… according EASA FCL.

Regarding license entries:
Is SE IR and ME IR listed separately on your license?
Are EASA licenses not all in the same format?
Example format that I know (germany):
B747 PIC IR (maybe that would count as ME IR?)
SEP PIC IR
There is no SE IR (and was no ME IR) on my license.

Anyway, if you could point me to the specific FCL where minimum flight hours for SP MEP IR are listed I’d be thankful!

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

Thanks that is good info. I’ll go to an ATO and they will set up a course and all but I would like to find the specific legal requirements stating how many flight hours are required etc… according EASA FCL.

Part-FCL Appendix 6, chapter Aa

40 hrs for IR-SE
45 hrs for IR-ME
…and…
(c) To determine the amount of hours credited and to establish the training needs, the applicant shall complete a pre-entry assessment at an ATO.

As far as I am concerned I did 5 hrs to obtain the IR-ME (having already converted my FAA IR to EASA IR-SE by doing a skill test) – which is the difference between the training requirement for IR SE and ME.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 15 May 17:44
LFPT, LFPN

Thanks. And the same for MEP classrating only (no IR), is it also in the fcl? Cannot find it.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

Is SE IR and ME IR listed separately on your license?

Yes. I have separately listed SEP(A), MEP(A), SE/IR and ME/IR.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Interesting. In the german license it states sep ir. No separate entry for se ir.

always learning
LO__, Austria
Sign in to add your message