Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

172driver wrote:

Care to share the source of your ‘solid evidence’?

Dr Francis Boyle, University of Illinois. Biological Weapons expert and advisor, United Nations.

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

Airborne_Again wrote:

This is getting completely out of hand.

You don’t say?

But predictably so.

LeSving wrote:

THIS is a real corona effect

Yep, and symptomatic of the modern very retrograde world of fear and irrationality, encouraged by government in its own interests.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 14 Mar 22:42

Didn’t they release the genome of the Virus and the accepted wisdom was that it had the markers of coming from an animal rather than lab creation?

I understand the team who released it got into trouble with the communist party as they hadn’t asked for permission to release it. But that’s just big government state control.

Thanks, just googled him.

EGPF Glasgow

EGPF Glasgow

I can only speculate. We have vast airspaces in G that are used exclusively for GA with no ATC of any kind. The only reason I can think of is they cannot longer do the service they are responsible for. This is (in G):

• Information
  • SAR

I think whether we need these services or not at any given time is largely irrelevant. Legally they (ATC and SAR) are bound to do these services. When they feel they cannot (for any reason), they have no option but to close the airspaces. Makes some sense, but …

As to why IFR is allowed. I have no idea whatsoever.

There is one other thing. There have been lots of discussion lately in social media. From last Thursday the main aviation association (NLF) where 99% of pilots are organised, had to close down all activities. This came as a result of NIF (the national sports association) closed all activities (training, competitions etc). NLF is a member of NIF, so essentially all club activity was closed form last Thursday. Pretty senseless, as private GA simply is not a sport activity (it can be, but is in general not). Lots of discussion about this. With this e-mail from LT, all discussions were killed there and then. This was about an hour ago. This would never be the main reason, not normally at least, but could be a factor I guess?

Just a big mess all of it IMO.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

That Norway situation is interesting and reminds me of how TFRs work over here. Typically you can fly through a TFR (at least the outer ring) on an IFR flight plan, in some instances also on a VFR flight plan. There’s got to more to this than meets the eye.

Is there anything written? I’m not interested in wading through 38 minutes of slow speech. My initial thought is that I don’t see any reason a priori to look for a sinister cause for this outbreak. People eat bats all the time all over the world. I used to help catch bats in Indonesia to take tissue samples and we were plagued by people asking for them.

Our local museum has a 19th century Welsh house where people lived above the animals and benefitted from bovine central heating. These days people don’t live like that any more, but it’s still the norm in many parts of the world. Ebola and HIV and MERS and SARS and Nipah and Hendra viruses. All nasty. All transferred from animals. From all over the world.

Qui bono? Unless someone developed a vaccine before letting the virus out, it’s hard to see where this will lead and hard to see which country will benefit geopolitically. China doesn’t seem to be coming out of it well so far. Half the country in lockdown, and the likelihood that people will try to repatriate manufacturing. And still no obvious way for them out of the quagmire despite having shut half the country down.

Last Edited by kwlf at 14 Mar 23:23

On a lighter side

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway
Sign in to add your message