Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

I too get fed up with the PC stuff, especially if the poster contributes almost nothing to the forum otherwise and has not contributed anything positive for quite some time. These are difficult times for so many and a bit of SOH is called for.

Am I missing something? What’s this about? Thanks

always learning
LO__, Austria

THIS is a real corona effect. Just got a mail from LT (CAA Norway). From Mars 15 1900 UTC all VFR flying in any airspace in Norway is forbidden. Police, military, ambulance and SAR are the only ones allowed. So that’s it. No more flying for me for a while. I would never have imagined it would come to this, not in my wildest dreams, but here we are. I’m shocked to say the least.

Last Edited by LeSving at 14 Mar 21:39
The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Am I missing something? What’s this about? Thanks

You have missed nothing

No more flying for me for a while. I would never have imagined it would come to this, not in my wildest dreams, but here we are. I’m shocked to say the least.

That is unbelievable… Zero risk of spreading the virus, so why ban it? It will just trash a lot of engines.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Wow that seems pretty heavy handed, Do you know the reasoning behind it? It seems not to make a great deal of sense.

I can get to the airport, hangar and aircraft out without having to see anyone and opening only one side door and one hangar door. Otherwise no interaction or touching anything that isn’t mine. Surely unless you need to go and interact with people there is no additional issues.

LeSving wrote:

From Mars 15 1900 UTC all VFR flying in any airspace in Norway is forbidden. Police, military, ambulance and SAR are the only ones allowed.

Have they give any proposed end date?

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

Here is a FAQ from LT (in the same e-mail). Use google translate if necessary.

Svar på spørsmål

1. Hvorfor stenger dere også ukontrollert luftrom for VFR-flyging?
Stenge luftrom er et inngripende tiltak for deg som flyr. Samtidig står vi nå i en krevende situasjon der vi må sørge for å spare ressurser som allerede er presset og som vi forventer blir hardere presset i fremtiden.

2. Hvor lenge skal dette forbudet gjelde?
Vi vet rett og slett ikke hvor lenge forbudet vil gjelde, men vi vurderer situasjonen fortløpende og som alle vet, ting endrer seg raskt. Et slikt forbud ønskes av ingen, men er strengt nødvendig per i dag. Så snart vi ser at forbudet må justeres eller fjernes, vil dette bli gjort.

3. Kan jeg fly IFR?
Ja du kan fly IFR dersom du har rettigheter og utrustning til dette. Husk at du må ha tillatelse fra lufttrafikktjenesten dersom flygingen gjelder skoleflyging. Vi vil uansett be deg om å gjøre en ekstra vurdering om flygingen må utføres.

4. Hva er samfunnskritiske oppdrag?
Terskelen for å få innvilget tillatelse til slike oppdrag er høy. Vi ber derfor den enkelte om å nøye vurdere om oppdraget kan vurderes som samfunnskritisk. Luftfartstilsynet vil vurdere hver søknad individuelt.

5. Hvor finner jeg forbudet og forskriften?
Du finner forskriften på vår nettside. Les mer her
Forskriften blir også tilgjengelig i Lovdata fra førstkommende mandag.

6. Hvem berøres av forbudet?
Forbudet gjelder alle luftromsbrukere som flyr etter de visuelle flygereglene.

7. Er det noe jeg kan bidra med?
Ja, hjelp oss å spre dette budskapet. Hold deg gjerne oppdatert via vår nettside, vår Facebook-side og les NOTAM før du har tenkt å fly.
Hjelp oss å nå frem alle som flyr

Denne e-posten ble sendt til deg fordi du er registrert i vår sertifikatdatabase med en gyldig rettighet. Del gjerne innholdet i sosiale medier og du må gjerne oppfordre andre å melde seg på våre sikkerhetsbrev til privatflygere.

Last Edited by LeSving at 14 Mar 21:59
The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Translated

1. Why do you also shut down uncontrolled airspace for VFR flights?
Closing the airspace is an intrusive measure for you flying. At the same time, we are now in a demanding situation where we need to make sure that resources are already pressed and that we expect will be harder pressed in the future.

2. How long will this ban apply?
We simply do not know how long the ban will apply, but we are constantly assessing the situation and as everyone knows, things are changing rapidly. No such request is desired, but is strictly necessary as of today. As soon as we see that the ban needs to be adjusted or removed, this will be done.

3. Can I fly IFR?
Yes you can fly IFR if you have the rights and equipment for this. Remember that you must have permission from the air traffic service if the flight concerns school flights. We will, however, ask you to make an additional assessment as to whether the flight must be performed.

4. What are mission-critical assignments?
The threshold for obtaining permission for such assignments is high. We therefore ask the individual to carefully consider whether the assignment can be considered as socially critical. The CAA will evaluate each application individually.

5. Where can I find the prohibition and regulations?
You can find the regulations on our website. read more here
The regulations will also be available in Lovdata from Monday.

6. Who is affected by the ban?
The ban applies to all airspace users who fly according to the visual flight rules.

7. Is there anything I can contribute?
Yes, help us spread this message. Stay tuned for updates via our website, our Facebook page and read NOTAM before you plan to fly.
Help us reach everyone who flies

This email was sent to you because you are registered in our certificate database with a valid right. Feel free to share the content on social media and you should encourage others to sign up for our safety letters to private pilots.

EGPF Glasgow

e: removed translation as posted above.

For it to be strictly necessary is an interesting view. Is there a requirement to get services from radar units for VFR or similar in Norway? Do they expect a lot of IFR flights? Very bizzare. Unless they are expecting to lose a lot of ATC staff. Even then I’m not sure why they are necessary for VFR operation

Last Edited by Off_Field at 14 Mar 22:06

As you are aware I have been dropping some hints, hopefully helpful, that there was more to this than met the eye.

I truly hope I am made ultimately to look a bit foolish and it will all iron itself out in the medium to long term. However there are global agendas at play, political, financial, and freedom and liberties. As I sit here tonight I am effectively trapped. I cannot fly anywhere commercially, I am watching people being put under house arrest,

I am reading, with solid evidence, that this is a bio weapon, man made, and is far more serious than a ‘’wash your hands sniffle’’.

Its all getting a bit challenging but the times are certainly a changin, and not in a good or positive way. Take care.

EGPF Glasgow

BeechBaby wrote:

I am reading, with solid evidence, that this is a bio weapon, man made, and is far more serious than a ‘’wash your hands sniffle’’.

Care to share the source of your ‘solid evidence’? I have to say, I am absolutely not given to conspiracy theories but cannot help the feeling that ‘those who know’ know more about this than they let on. Interesting times.

Sign in to add your message