Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

He may be building up the traffic with an intention to sell it one day. Websites are valued on the clicks. He probably has quite a lot of those.

I get the feeling that some of the content is made up on the spot, so the real value is in any references provided.

Anyway, it sounds like I ought to get off my backside and get that Czech passport. It’s been on a post-it pad for years The problem is that if say you fly GA UK → Italy, the police in Italy may not care whose passport you hold; as far as they are concerned you are coming from the UK. It already happens to some extent in airline travel, where the entire contents of an airliner is sent via a specific queue.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Not really as clear cut as that, Ive used the e-passport self scan at schiphol:

As a British passenger, you may no longer use the automated passport control system upon arrival. Instead, follow the ‘all passports’ signs to a manual desk. You may still use the automated passport control system upon departure, however. The Royal Netherlands Marechaussee will then stamp your passport. In addition, British passengers travelling to or from the Netherlands must have a passport that is valid for at least six months after their travel date. The passport may not be more than 10 years old.

^^From the schiphol website^^

Peter wrote:

The problem is that if say you fly GA UK → Italy, the police in Italy may not care whose passport you hold; as far as they are concerned you are coming from the UK. It already happens to some extent in airline travel, where the entire contents of an airliner is sent via a specific queue.

That’s the idea of how external borders work…

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

I find that surprising, because it undermines the idea of a passport proving your citizenship.

Also the stories on that schengen news website posted above talk about citizens and passports, not residents.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

I find that surprising, because it undermines the idea of a passport proving your citizenship.

Also the stories on that schengen news website posted above talk about citizens and passports, not residents.

I fail to see how this is different to having to file a GAR (to border force) from the EU to the UK? You hold a UK passport, right? You still have to file a GAR… It is no different from coming into the US, if you’re a green card holder, Citizen, etc. you still need to clear customs/immigration. It might be faster if you hold a passport (as the EU passport holders line is when entering from outside of the union) but you need to be checked…

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

France is closed to travellers from the UK

Administrator

Given that omicron is already widespread in France and the rest of Europe – this looks purely political. It certainly won’t have any public health effect.

Andreas IOM

Italy has today extended its test requirement (which previously applied only to Brits, Africans, Mongolians, etc, in essence) to everyone arriving including EU and schengen. It is either the LFT or the PCR, within 48hrs.

For Brits, it is easy to get a LFT with a certificate – I use C19 which sells them for £22. They arrive the following day. You do the test and upload a pic of the test (showing a negative result OBVIOUSLY ) next to your passport to their website, and you get a certificate emailed within a few hours. The photo is supposed to be taken 15-30 mins after the test was done, but it has been proven that the company does not look at EXIF etc data. So this is fine for the typical wx-critical GA travel purpose. If I was kind of planning to go somewhere I would just pre-order some of these kits. They don’t have any evident shelf life.

For mainland pilots, this is a new thing for Italy as a destination because until now the virus respected Schengen and the EU borders. What is the process for obtaining a “certificate” for a LFT test, on the mainland? A fly-in to Aosta is planned for mid Jan 2022.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

What is the process for obtaining a “certificate” for a LFT test, on the mainland?

AFAIK, go in a pharmacy or a test centre, pay, have them do the test (or in some centres do it yourself).

ELLX

In Germany, it depends a bit, but often, these tests are free of charge. Walk in, take a test, and 10 minutes later they send you the „certificate“ via mail.

I did this in June the day before flying to Italy, when I wasn‘t yet fully vaccinated.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 16 Dec 18:59
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
Sign in to add your message