Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

Currently, France wants a 48hr PCR test 

LFT 48h should do for 2×vax untill Feb22 on UK to France

Last Edited by Ibra at 11 Dec 17:42
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

What is happening on 22nd Feb?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

On February 2022, the 2xvacc pass sanitaire will expire for most people and they need a booster 3xvacc or tests again…

Last Edited by Ibra at 11 Dec 18:59
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Is that date implicit from the French vacc campaign, or a fixed date?

Most of the UK will be 3x vacced well before then – I would hope.

Administrator

Fine example how bureaucracy kicks the wrong people…

- Air crew member being abroad on the weekend the Omicron news broke. 3ple vaccinated.
- Chaotic reaction of the governments, asking for testing, forms, what not. Unclear, wether air crew need to fill in the PLF for Switzerland, but with a threat of 10k fine thought better to do it.
- 2 days after arrival back, SMS comes and sais the acm needs to do a test coming back from abroad.
- Turns out however, acm are (still) exempt from the rule, so nobody picks up the cost. (Two conflicting docs, one sais “everyone” at the pain of 10k fine if you don’t do it, one 6 months earlier sais ACM exempt, so which one to believe?)
- Try to call contact center to ask them to cancel the PLF. Impossible to reach them, so at their suggestion, SMS sent.
- Acm decides to do test anyway. Gets told, oh, because of the SMS, test is free.
- 3 days later, lab results come back, say negative. Lab result form sent to contact tracing. All good?
- Nope. Contact tracing comes back, we want a certificate! But the certificate costs 150 CHF de facto, as then the test is not free anymore.
- Same day later, SMS comes back (3 days after sending the original one) if airline confirms it was a working flight, no test required.
- So getting confirmation, sending it. Threat sms’s keep coming, send cetificate or be fined xxxx k chf.
Right now waiting for certificate to be issued at own cost to shut them up.

I don’t question the actual measures. But: The act of checking and enforcing is a clusterf**k of the worse kind. Mistakes are not “allowed” the moment you do a cautionary step, you get punished for it instead of helped to resolve the problems.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

This is what a self scan passport has on the front, and people with those should be routed to the scanning machines, regardless of the country of passport issue

Me with Russian biometric passport would be super excited if this were indeed the case. Unfortunately I am not aware of any country that I could enter by going through some self-scan and not talking to anyone.

EGKR, United Kingdom

I suspect the issue is the visa requirement for Russian visitors. Fortunately post-brexit UK has managed to avoid that one, so self-scan “should work”. I am sure this stuff (there are various facets of it, outside aviation) will sort itself out in due course.

Administrator

AFAIK on Schengen borders self-scan has never worked for third-country passports regardless of requirement to have visas. UK wanted to get an exception, but got turned down.

EGKR, United Kingdom

That’s interesting, but apparently not the complete story, because at Malpensa we did use the self scan gates, and they did work. One just had to still get the passport stamped afterwards

More interesting, from your link, is this which is in effect a visa (= PPR to enter) for the EU for all non EU countries. That’s quite a move… a creation of an exclusive “club” which is difficult to enter for all outsiders (except those in rubber boats ). But it’s not here yet. It’s hard to work out whether it will be a formal visa system (where you have to purchase a visa before travelling, sometimes at the airport, but that won’t work at GA airports) or whether it will be a website PPR system – like we have seen with CV19 authorisations.

Interesting site. I wonder who runs it and who keeps it up to date.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

I wonder who runs it and who keeps it up to date.

Apparently this guy with this team. Of course you wonder how it is financed.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
Sign in to add your message