Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

You guys are making my mod job too hard. I have a choice of only (currently) 11733 different threads to which to move posts

Currently, France is not blockading the Tunnel, so let’s hope things improve soon because we are missing the walkabouts in Le Touquet, and the lovely airport staff here are missing out on a steady supply of French chocolates

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

What I meant is, the travel restrictions are so harsh they make trips to the UK barely possible.
Note : being a UK citizen or resident is a valid compelling reason.

LFOU, France

Well, half this stuff is to reduce travel, not so much to catch those who are infected.

Especially as it is trivially easy to game the system – even the PCR tests. Most of the population has not yet discovered how to do that, the mainstream media has avoided carrying this info obviously, but eventually it will get out. I’ve just read an account of how a group of skiers can game the Day 2 PCR – you just need one of them to test negative on an LFT and he takes the PCR test for all the others

I am surprised a French citizen has to isolate, upon returning to France.

The news here is that the “pre return home” test is due to end soon. It was never implemented for GA anyway, but it produced countless absolutely awful situations, with airline-travelling families stuck abroad after having to leave their hotel, being refused by countless other hotels – an absolute nightmare.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

I am surprised a French citizen has to isolate, upon returning to France.

Same in Germany. If a German returns to Germany from the UK, he/she must go into qurantine, even if he/she is vaccinated and boostered. That is the case where a country is classed as “virus variant area” by the German authorities.

Actually, and sursprisingly, the UK just yesterday has again been downclassed again from “virus variant area” to “high risk area”. So, currently, no quarantine for vaccinated people reurning from the UK, just an obligation to report to the health authortities.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

Actually, and sursprisingly, the UK just yesterday has again been downclassed again from “virus variant area” to “high risk area”

The rule of thumb that the RKI in Germany applies is to check if the new virus variant is already in significant circulation in Germany. This follows criticism whereby Germany kept the UK on the virus variant list forever due to the Alpha variant when it was clear that the Alpha variant was already the dominant variant in Germany.

Last Edited by wbardorf at 05 Jan 15:14
EGTF, EGLK, United Kingdom

Sweden has no quarantine requirement for anyone. Either you are admitted into the country or you are not. (Of course, Swedish citizens and residents are always admitted.) If you are, you are recommended to take a new test at once and keep a distance to other people until you get the test result. Entry from the UK is fine if you’re fully vaccinated and has a recent negative test.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 05 Jan 15:19
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

What is laughable is all these countries imposing restrictions on travel from other supposedly ‘high risk’ countries when, in Covid terms, they are all just about as on-fire as each other. They are actually behaving as though they are ‘clean’ places and others are ‘dirty’.

No limits to the stupidity of governments.

EGLM & EGTN

The UK has abandoned the pre return home test, which was absolutely awful if you had a family (poor chance of all kids testing negative) for those who didn’t know how to game the LFT test.

The arrival quarantine (until Day 2 is negative) is also ending.

Children and fully vaccinated adults no longer need to take a pre-departure test before travelling to the UK and – from 9 Jan – can take an LFT instead of a PCR on arrival.

So visiting the UK is now straightforward

France remains closed to Brits though.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

France remains closed to Brits though.

Which is bizarre since their case numbers are pretty much double the UK.

Andreas IOM

No governments’ travel rules have ever made sense any more than the multitude of other Covid rules in general. 2 years ago there was the excuse of “not knowing the data”, but now there are no excuses for illogical government rules wrt Covid anymore. Is just govt at work…

Sign in to add your message