Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

It still amazes me that I was allowed to fly over the Knesset in Jerusalem and more or less fly freely for about an hour at rather low altitude over the city.

EDLE, Netherlands

AeroPlus wrote:

A little older, but here I am landing at the Dead Sea airport. Look at that altimeter:

This is on rollout after landing at Furnace Creek in Death Valley this november:

Rwy20: I think the dead sea airfield is at – 1700 feet. I think it is the lowest airport on earth.

I looked at Furnace Creek here. Looks like a desolated place! Anything to do there?

EDLE, Netherlands

The runway is impeccable:

First and foremost, the scenery itself is quite beautiful:

Other than that, there is the Inn at Furnace Creek. Room prices reflect their monopoly, so we just stayed to brunch there, which was totally worth it. That is one time where you can save money if you come by plane. :)

Other than that, the activities they propose are horseback riding, star gazing, hiking, or renting a jeep to explore the national park. All of which I didn’t do.

Last Edited by Rwy20 at 31 Dec 00:25

Rwy20: amazing place. Love it.

EDLE, Netherlands

A few pics from ~ 9000ft today, around the IOW, on the way back from the Annual

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Taken on Saturday afternoon – the effort of hand-flying up through was well worth the view and glimpse of some sunshine at last! There was only one other aircraft on Farnborough’s frequency, also on an IMC detail.

UK, United Kingdom

Mount Etna poking through the clouds.

Last Edited by JasonC at 09 Feb 10:49
EGTK Oxford

A few pictures of our skiing trip to Courchevel with the Seneca 2.

EDLE, Netherlands

EDLE, Netherlands
Sign in to add your message