Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

Congrats on the upgrade! I see you hired a crew as well.

šŸ¤£

always learning
LO__, Austria

Interesting weather in the Frankfurt area today. There was quite a bit of ice on the wing momentarily.

Runways 25L and 25R and Terminal 1.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 17 Apr 17:40
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Congrats on the upgrade! I see you hired a crew as well.

(Sorry for trolling. My plane is in for a 5 year check.)

Last Edited by loco at 14 Apr 16:30
LPFR, Poland

Lake Geneva and the Alps from FL360.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Waiting for my instructor to do the pre-entry test flight for the FI

EBZW, Belgium

Recent sunset departure from Oceanside, CA. Marine layer was slowly moving in, it was beautiful.

EDFE, EDFZ, KMYF, Germany

Avoiding Thunderstorms south of Abenga on the way to Italy in August 2023. This line stretched from near Cannes to Austria.

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

Yes soft focus filters have been around for years but then so have I. But sometimes you just havenā€™t ordered up the right filter beforehand and one has to improvise. I have always admired the top cinematographers and photographers for their ability to improvise.šŸ‘

France

It reminds me of a very well known and highly respected cinematographer I had the pleasure to work quite often. He had what he used to call his ā€œsnot filterā€ (typical Brit humour). It consisted of rubbing the side of his nose (not in it) and then spreading the grease produced on a clear filter in front of the lens. It made many well known actresses look much better than they perhaps felt on an early morning call. Ahh the glamour of it all

Soft focus is a well known method

In Lightroom (or many other tools) you can use Noise Reduction to do it very quickly. In the days of film, there were filters you could buy for this.

For movies, video editors have this functionality too. But it can get laborious because different scenes need different tweaks, hence the ā€œanimatedā€ effects feature. I havenā€™t used it much but did so a few times when descending to a runway through 15000ft of haze; this needed an animated ā€œcustom curvesā€ filter.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@UdoR I had to laugh at your comment about cleaning the windows. It reminds me of a very well known and highly respected cinematographer I had the pleasure to work quite often. He had what he used to call his ā€œsnot filterā€ (typical Brit humour). It consisted of rubbing the side of his nose (not in it) and then spreading the grease produced on a clear filter in front of the lens. It made many well known actresses look much better than they perhaps felt on an early morning call. Ahh the glamour of it allšŸ˜

France
2017 Posts
Sign in to add your message