Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

@Peter That is a maplight. Can be set to spot or flood, red or white and can be dimmed. Pretty nice for night flying.

@RobertL18C She is from 1961. We have flown her 3000th hour on the trip. We restored her about 3 years ago after she had collected dust for over 17 years. Very reliable aircraft, now around 400hrs flight time on the engine. With Com / Nav / GPS / ADF / DME she has everything to travel. Does 105 to 110 KIAS at low altitudes at 2450-2500 rpm on 30l mogas per hour and gets off ground in less than 300 meters at MTOM (998kg) and lands in less than 250m.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

Fast back 172s are the best ones IMHO, and the fast back swept tail version is the best looking of any!

In true spotter mode, I’ve just had a look at some online photos of JnsV’s Zlin and it looks great to me. What an interesting plane for light aerobatics and a bit of touring around.

@Peter : yes, this TB21 is a super plane. It belongs to a fairly “high end” PPL school in Tarbes LFBT. For your record, it is S/N 2219. Its registration is no longer N226GA, but F-HATC.
The school operates a TB9 for basic training, the G500 TB21GT and this beautiful, fully de-iced, G500 equipped TB20GT.

I did a short training (EFIS+RU+Turbo) on both planes, it was great. The school is very professional.

LFNR

some pics from today on route to LIMB

fly2000

Superb photos and textures in the unusual light

One can’t get these in the summer because everything tends to be washed out.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

thanks Peter

i have really no cluehow to take pics in a proper way just used the iphone and hit the button!! so i gues the credit must go to apple
i was myself also a bit surprised how good they looked!!!

fly2000

Monte Carlo at 400ft

fly2000

Air testing my turbo-normalised A36 this morning:

The TAS drops off a little above FL200…

Last Edited by chrisparker at 26 Apr 16:51
Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

I really like that display Chris.

EGTK Oxford

Which is the critical altitude of your installation, Chris?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
Sign in to add your message