Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

EDTQ / Sarentino

I think I’ve had a rather “eventful” landing at the airfield in that last but one picture. Is it near Verbier?

Forever learning
EGTB

Second and third last are croix de coeur on the Nendaz side of Verbier, last pic is St Roc Mayer , 1 NM eanst and 5000 ft above Sallances at the mt blanc area. has excellent food and wine in the summer.

EDTQ / Sarentino

Some pics from a flight today. The airport re-opened (managed to fix their water-damaged radio gear) just in time before the wx closes in again tomorrow…

A pic of me at 1200ft, from the house, with a fairly short lens (85mm on a K3 camera), 1/1000, F4, Topaz de-noise, cropped…

The South Downs

Lots of cloud layers around, with tops exactly at the 5500ft base of Class A as usual

One needs a decent camera for sunsets…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Two days ago, a short practice run with my son … who fell asleep right after take-off :-)

Lower Bavaria, with some leftover fog patches

A simulated LPV approach to EDMS …

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 29 Dec 20:05

JasonC wrote:

The O2 and Canary Wharf peeking through a thin layer from FL160.

Great shot, Jason !!

My home (or the place where I spent my first 18 years) from something like FL 300 on a recent flight to Torino. Lago Maggiore seen from the north with fog showing where the river Ticino flows towards Milano. The sun is reflected off Lago di Varese (I went to school in Varese), the other two small lakes are Lago di Monate and Lago di Comabbio.
If I want to change anything in 2016 it is this: Visit my parents more often who still live there… (which is something I keep saying to myself whenever I fly over this part of the world).

Last Edited by what_next at 30 Dec 17:23
EDDS - Stuttgart

Some pictures taken around sunset and close to Ameland Island just north of The Netherlands above the Waddenzee:

A little older, but here I am landing at the Dead Sea airport. Look at that altimeter:

EDLE, Netherlands

I love flying at night. Here some pictures taken:

EDLE, Netherlands

What was your “hottest” flight? Here we were flying through South-Sudan and it was blazingly hot outside, let alone inside the aircraft.

EDLE, Netherlands
Sign in to add your message