Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

New Server (and donations to EuroGA)

Sorry if I didn’t do the merge right – it happens

At the same time I am trying to keep this focused so people see it. So far 27 people have donated, some amazingly generously, and it already covers the first year’s server hosting costs! There is still the database backup to set up and pay someone for perhaps a day’s work, which will be a good few hundred. But clearly this is a funding model which works for EuroGA, for covering the direct expenses.

Thank you all

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Done.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Done, with compliments

ES?? - Sweden

I now have the bank details for anyone who would like to make regular payments by bank transfer. Just PM me

So far around 40 people have contributed and the total is just over 1k, which is wonderful. Thank you all!

Administrator

Donations in euros.

I am not 100% sure if I got everyone in the right country

Total to 2 March 2019: €1693

Thank you all

Administrator

I have just updated the above chart and the total.

Administrator

Here is an idea for donations, taken from torrent trackers in the past (not a pirate here, I pay for Netflix now of course).

Add a bar over/next to/below the donation button. The bar will indicate the amount of money currently in the pot. Let’s say the required annual pot is €100. If you have €50 in the pot then half the bar will illuminate. This provides feedback to us and we can see when money is required to run the forum.

ESME, ESMS

As a year has passed since the last “fund raising” I am bumping this thread again

2019 has been a bit of a turbulent year, with EuroGA being the only English language forum openly discussing this topic, in the face of intimidation from the CAA.

Administrator

I have just donated but not enough compared to the excellent knowledge and info I get from this fantastic site! Perhaps I’ll donate again soon!

United Kingdom

Just did my bit.

EDMB, Germany
Sign in to add your message