Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Central Europe IFR ipad Mobile FD keys available

Hello all,

It looks as though I’m about to subscribe to a Central Europe IFR package for Garmin avionics, which will mean there will be 2 available keys for an Ipad IFR chart subscription available. Jeppesen have confirmed they have no issues with a third party using this facility. If you are interested, please do drop me a line.

Dom

EGKR, United Kingdom

Is that for Garmin Pilot or does it work with Jeppview as well ?

EBST, Belgium

As far as I’m aware, this key provides download of the full IFR chart package on to an iPad within the MobileFD app only. I believe Jeppview includes the VFR package as well which is not the case for this subscription.

EGKR, United Kingdom

Sail201 wrote:

As far as I’m aware, this key provides download of the full IFR chart package on to an iPad within the MobileFD app only. I believe Jeppview includes the VFR package as well which is not the case for this subscription.

JeppView is just a piece of software — it doesn’t include any kind of charts. You register a subscription with JeppView and then it will download and display the charts that come with the subscription – IFR or VFR.

When you say “a Central Europe IFR package for Garmin avionics” I assume you mean a chart subscription and I also understand that you have four keys? Then it is almost certainly what Jeppesen calls a “JeppView MFD” subscription which can be used on any four tablets or Windows computers, beside the avionics unit.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I’d be interested but prefer the full Europe coverage. Of course I can always add Scandinavia if it makes sense pricewise…

EBST, Belgium

I think this sort of thing ought to go under Classifieds, and thereby doing a little bit to support EuroGA. You can do it for the base price of €5.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hi guys,

Forgive the delay in replying – it appears notifications are not making it into my inbox…

Airways, I’ll drop you a PM. I think this subscription is the one you want.

Thanks Peter – always happy to support, but didn’t appreciate the difference with classifieds. I’ll send the Eur5 along anyway!

EGKR, United Kingdom

Airborne_Again, thank you for the clarification, and that’s absolutely right!

EGKR, United Kingdom

Just a bump for this – in case anyone is interested the subscription is now underway effective today. One key is still available, and to clarify after some enquiries, this is the Central Europe coverage rather than the Northern Europe option (so as well as UK, includes all of France, Switzerland, Germany, Italy, Croatia etc.)

EGKR, United Kingdom
9 Posts
Sign in to add your message