Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Email notifications of new posts to a thread

For some reason, I'm not being notified when there's a new post to one of my watched threads. Has anyone else experienced a problem with this?

Bordeaux

Jojo, I would imagine everybody has experienced this - Watched threads doesn't send you a notification!

There are some downsides to notifications, but on balance it's generally a fairly widely desired feature so we will add it in due course.

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom

Oops, thanks, I thought I must have missed something!

Bordeaux

I can't see the downsides to notifications, at least, from the users point of view....another vote for that feature....

Swanborough Farm (UK), Shoreham EGKA, Soysambu (Kenya), Kenya

Not much downside from a user point of view, no. They're in the pipeline. In fact, they're working, just need to add a few controls so that people can opt-out more easily etc. Should be released fairly soon.

Administrator

Any update on this? Would be very useful to have.

It's basically working but I've not had a chance to test it. If you want to be an informal beta tester you're very welcome.

Simple visit this URL:

http://www.euroga.org/user/preferences

and turn on Receive Watch Notifications.

Let me know how it goes. Thanks.

Administrator

Would it be difficult to notify us of any replies/activity to threads which we've posted on?

'Threads I posted to' isn't quite the same thing.

There's a button "Watch Thread" on the top right of each thread. Isn't that what you are looking for?

Maybe, thanks. But does it inform you of new postings (by email)?

35 Posts
Sign in to add your message