Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Expo Friedrichshafen EDNY 10-13 April 2019

Many of us meet up there. It’s a good location in a nice scenic part of southern Germany.

Website

Telegram link

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Unless there’s a significant change to their departure system I won’t revisit. I was waiting for over an hour with engine running until I started to taxi and that was with an adhoc procedure introduced by the ground marshalers. I arrived at my destination (Sion) about twenty minutes before they closed.

Rochester EGTO

As every year I’m coming, not so much because of the fair but to meet friends.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I haven’t decided yet, but it is likely that I’m coming.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I will be there

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Might be a good idea to book the same restaurant for the Saturday evening. They have flexible space and the food is ok.

Administrator

As usual i will be there in one day trip , only if the wheater is good ( vfr only), more for the flight than for the fair, the stuff is more or less the same .

Pegaso airstrip, Italy

Will come if able but probably by car – airplane is way too much hassle.

Last Edited by Vladimir at 19 Jan 18:30
LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

Planning to come – first time with my aircraft to try out the slot system…

TB20 Airman
Borkenberge EDLB, Germany

The slot booking system works nowadays when it is online, and you have to pay.

In the past it was a phone based service which was horrendous, and when it was free to book people just booked loads of slots speculatively.

Set yourself a reminder to hit the booking site the moment it goes live.

The whole thing has a really arrogant smell about it, and some of the ATC behaviour (tower, not Swiss approach control which is excellent) compounds it. See past years’ EDNY fly-in threads. Filing the flight plan requires some care. ATC make it fairly clear that the show is a nuisance and they would rather have less work.

The roots of it go back years when the show was packed but today’s audiences are maybe half of 2008.

One thing is to be firm in refusing grass parking if directed there and you don’t want it. I have not had a problem in the last few years but got bogged down before that.

Administrator
128 Posts
Sign in to add your message

Threads possibly related to this one