Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

New Server (and donations to EuroGA)

They should be HTTPS now, if someone wants to check and let me know if it’s working for them…

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom

I‘m sorry I can not find the donate button at all. I‘m using the iPad to reach the site, maybe that‘s the reason.

EDDS , Germany

I think we are going to have a few more of them around

Currently it is on the home page

If you view that page on a phone, the layout is different, and the above button appears at the very bottom if you scroll all the way down. Ipad, I don’t know since I don’t have one handy right now.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

1k £ a year for hosting this site??
Wow… Expensive hosting…

EKRK, Denmark

Michael_J wrote:

Wow… Expensive hosting…

The hosting isn’t expensive (though still costs something, which previously I and now Peter have to pay out of our own pocket). Servers are cheap, sure. But then you add backups, fees for various external-but-required services, company fees, accounting fees, data protection registrar fees, etc. And that’s all the cheap stuff before you have to pay anyone to do any work. Anything involving people’s time is clearly much more expensive if you have to pay for it.

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom

If you just want to dump some GB of stuff somewhere, you can do it for much less, but if you want quality hosting with good uptime, decent speeds, decent CPU power, a good customer service, auto backups which can be restored immediately, etc, for a website which is important to many people, it costs more.

Administrator

Michael_J wrote:

1k £ a year for hosting this site??
Wow… Expensive hosting…

That’s about right for dedicated hosting, with root access (and reserved CPU if on a virtual machine platform rather than a physical box).

Andreas IOM

Now there’s a Donate button under the Search box on every page

Administrator

Can I rather setup a recurring bank (wire) transfer? I’d rather not create a Paypal account. Would hoping you have a EUR account too much?

ELLX

That’s a very kind offer, Lionel. I will send you a PM.

However, the button accepts normal cards also, not just Paypal.

At work we use Paypal for all credit card processing because it removes the administrative nightmare of PCI DSS.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message