Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly to ski

I’d like to do it again but can’t do it before February/March.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Hi Peter I might be interested. Can you give a few more details? I havent gone due to covid in 2 seasons so Im ready to try again.

KHTO, LHTL

Fly to Aosta and get a taxi (~€110) to Cervinia – that’s the easy option. There are other slopes around there. See e.g. here.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks very interesting thread. Looks like a great place to go if the weather is good.
Frans mentioned this:

“Might I suggest you guys another ski area as well? Just to bring you guys/girls on some new ideas… La Thuile is beautiful too and does have superb groomers. It might cost the same amount of time to get there from LIMW (compared with Cervinia), and offers great scenery and slopes for every type of skier/snowboarder. Personally, if you forget the Swiss side of Cervinia (Zermatt), La Thuile offers more diverse slopes and scenery IMHO. It even comes with an international ski pass as well, where you can ski from La Thuile to La Rosière in France. As the road over the “Col du Petit St. Bernard” is closed in winter times, there are several ski slopes crossing the border. La Rosière is very nice too with many interesting slopes, from beginner to expert level.”

Which do you think is a better choice La Thuile or Cervinia

Also when in Dec are you thinking of going?

KHTO, LHTL

@C210_Flyer La Thuile is much nicer than Cervinia and usually better weather

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

I’d be up for La Thuile – also looks like an easy drive from Aosta LIMW. Cervinia last year was good fly-to-ski trip.

EGTF, United Kingdom

La Thuile has come up a few times here, and I did ask about it on some ski forums. It looks OK skiing-wise but the accommodation is the key.

Having done about 15 locations since I started in Dec 2015, including some famous ones, and most of them I would not go back to, I find the most important factor is whether one can reach the ski lift when it opens.

That enables you to get a few hours of really good skiing before the slope gets trashed.

And at many places that is simply not possible, due to the layout and transport etc, unless you spend a fortune (a few k) on a specially located chalet, or a lift-base hotel, but all of those are booked a year ahead. For example at Courchevel there was no way to get to the snow until it was crowded, and already trashed. This is OK if you are a really good skier; then you can ski on anything. It is also ok if – like most – you are there mainly to get p1ssed and have a good time generally at the apres ski

Administrator

I differ to your research and knowledge. Putting it all together is NOT easy.

About when do you plan to have the event?

KHTO, LHTL

Dec Jan Feb

Administrator

You forgot to add March and April.

KHTO, LHTL
Sign in to add your message