Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly to ski

Great picture. Back then did they just compress the snow? It seems to me that today they try to remove it on all surfaces all the time.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Not always are they able to clear everything @Sebastian_G

This was already a few years ago me flying the Seneca 2-200T there. The same compacted snow, but I agree that I haven’t seen the compacted snow lately when checking pictures of me flying there over the last 2-3 years.

Last Edited by AeroPlus at 02 Mar 02:08
EDLE, Netherlands

The high pressure over Europe was too hard to resist so flew to Sion yesterday and skiing in Val d’Anniviers ( opposite side of Rhone Valley to Crans Montana). Skiing is very good with compact snow but quite busy.

A couple of us might do something mid-March, to Aosta. Le Thuile was suggested.

What is Sion parking like, and is there an option of hangarage, at least the night before the return flight? It would be great to have a database report

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

For Sion handling is mandatory for non based aircraft. Look at Aeroport de Sion for handling as the other two are geared towards jets and very expensive. Just send them a mail, they are quick to respond. [email protected]
Hangarage is most likely not needed if you plan your departure later during the during morning when the sun has melted of the frost.
Be aware that Switserland is a lot more expensive than Italy, especialy taxis, should you need them.

EHBD, Netherlands

I was in Sion a couple of weeks ago and had no requirement for handling. I actually found it a very cheap airport, something like 80 CHF for landing and parking for 4 days, inkling transport to and from the plane, etc.

The taxi to Saas Fee though :-0. That was expensive !

EGTR

Although all the flight planning apps say that Sion has mandatory handling that is not true for planes like mine (TB20). There’s plenty of parking available, I was quite surprised how much parking was available today (I went to the plane today after skiing to check a couple of things). I’ll do a report regarding Sion later when I get back to England and have the bills to hand. I will also post some pictures.

I’ve been plenty of times in Sion, no mandatory handling necassery below 2t MTOW. The airport is actually quite cheap for Swiss conditions. Normally, you park on the tarmac for only 6 CHF per night. Hangar might be (a lot) more expensive. The best is, to give Sion Aeroport a call or write them an E-Mail.

Switzerland

Coming back to my pending trip to Laax with landing in Altenrhein St Gallen (LSZR): I have obtained a quote from the airport for a landing this Friday and leaving this Sunday with a Seneca PA34 <2T:

ATC fee CHF 17.00
Landing fee CHF 60.00
Emission fee CHF 4.00
Outside overnight parking fee CHF 20.00 / per night

This will total to 121 CHF which is not totally super expensive as indicated by previous posters.
Am I missing something?

Abeam the Flying Dream
EBKT, western Belgium, Belgium

The fees you got are according to tariffs link posted earlier, so no doubt they are correct. In my case the MTOW is 3400 kg and that increases the parking fees tenfold, from CHF 20 per night to CHF 200 per night. Landing fees are CHF 100 in my case.
Don’t know what the justification is for the steep increase in parking fees, but it does come across as profiteering.

EHBD, Netherlands
Sign in to add your message