Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Friedrichshafen EDNY 19-22 April 2023

Any info on Flugplatz Wildberg? Would it be possible for a non German speaking pilot to land there? As I understand Markdorf will be closed for “normal” planes therefore Wildberg looks like the only alternative

Poland

RV14 wrote:

Any info on Flugplatz Wildberg?

They have a web site. It says normal class airplanes are not allowed. Also, it has a TODA of only 350 m.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I did have a look at the web page but didn’t find any statement which would specifically prohibit landing of “normal class”, it does say ultralight/helicopter/glider though
350m would not be a problem for my RV

Poland

RV14 wrote:

I did have a look at the web page but didn’t find any statement which would specifically prohibit landing of “normal class”, it does say ultralight/helicopter/glider though

It says “AFCT: Ultralight /Glider/Helicopter” which I interpret as only allowing those categories. But the airfield is PPR in any case, so ask…

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 26 Mar 16:15

Reminder – the slots open up today at 0800 UTC.

https://www.bodensee-airport.eu/en/business-aviation/aero/

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

Wow – the guys doing the website need more training and experience. Super slow, and now it’s stuck on the “checkout” page.

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

eurogaguest1980 wrote:

Reminder – the slots open up today at 0800 UTC.

15 minutes past and all arrival slots – VFR and IFR – are gone, except for a handful on the last day.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 06 Apr 08:16

I got an arrival slot (if I understand the German correctly) but could not see a way to not book a departure slot also (actually I am departing on Sunday), so got this

You can laugh at the departure date

So I emailed them to refund the 2nd one.

Same utterly f******g incompetent website code as last year, written by a 15 year old. Had to press F5 about 100 times. Why did that Cowboy outfit “Aerops” get this contract again? Well, I can guess…

I reckon a lot of slots were sold off-site, because 20th was apparently showing “all sold”.

What is “abstellung”? Probably parking. Yeah, 35/day.

Keep trying, and if you are served a blank page, refresh it with F5 (chrome) every few seconds.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

For anyone trying use iPad navigator and keep F5 refresh for slots (also it keep some of your details)
Pay using an easy credit card (my secure one did crash the payment page with 3D secure)

Peter wrote:

You can laugh at the departure date

It seems you booked two arrival slots? 2*35? Happens during those F5 refresh…I am sure you can release one and get refund but I would do it later when dust settles

One day they should get English booking website, this is EDNY not some German only Gliding club in Bavaria LOL

Last Edited by Ibra at 06 Apr 08:43
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Same utterly f******g incompetent website code as last year, written by a 15 year old.

I think 15 year old coders would be the solution here, not the problem 🤣😆🤣

always learning
LO__, Austria
Sign in to add your message