Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Friedrichshafen EDNY 19-22 April 2023

I was surprised at 35 Euro/day parking, plus the 87 Euro landing fee. What is their normal price? Seems kind of excessive.

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

Looks like I got one IFR arrival on 21st and one VFR arrival (never selected that) on 19th But the VFR arrival seems free, no?

On the telegram group someone pointed out that slots are becoming available after vanishing, suggesting that a lot of people are having payments declined.

Last year, the landing fee included 1 person / 1 day show admission.

From the tg group: Website seems to be more stable now and there are suddenly lots of slots available. Lots of payments declined, and/or lots of broken booking processes have been deleted. Same old IT problem; the code seems to give everyone 10 mins, during which the slot is “gone”.

Broken now – “site is down for maintenance” now.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The issue was with shopping cart – it just hang out.

This is the third consecutive year the system is totally pure SH*T. I just dont understand why they cant fix / build a working queue system to help with the load. Clearly the demand is there and so many folks are trying to reserve slots in advance. It locks these up for 10 minutes and when crashing, the system keeps these reserved slots and gradually releases them.

Yeah, it is expensive to come / land / park, but there are people who are ok with the price.

I got mine after one hour of trying – got "ok"ish slots and was able to pay. There is no possibility to change the slots afterwards, at least in the system. I guess emailing would work…

Flying Finn living in Switzerland.
LSZL LOcarno, Switzerland

People have changed slots afterwards “via normal means”.

Like I said this is an old IT problem – as old as computers and multiuser systems. One solution would have been to take payments before the booking system opens, so people prepay. Then you don’t need to give them 10 mins to get the slot they want. 1 minute would be enough. And then you refund if prepayment not used. Another approach is to open more slots than you actually have, which works because many people don’t turn up anyway, plus the airport capacity is way over the 132/day stated.

Horrible implementation. The EuroGA server deals with far more traffic than this, $60/month hosting cost. Maybe this is running on some ADSL connection on somebody’s PC?

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Another approach is to open more slots than you actually have, which works because many people don’t turn up anyway, plus the airport capacity is way over the 132/day stated.

You mean like Oshkosh, people file 16000 FPL over 5days and go !

• If you can’t land you can’ land
  • If you can’t FISK you eject

KOSH

Last Edited by Ibra at 06 Apr 11:49
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

All reasons, amongst many others, for my boycotting of the Aero… why endure all this expensive mess, pay to look at sellers booths, beats me.
Nevertheless, that’s me, enjoy

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

I regard it as our German fly-in

We get a good turnout for the dinner and it’s always fun.

Nowadays it would be impossible to organise that unless somebody put a lot of work in.

The show… one walks around it in a day or less.

Administrator

Ibra wrote:

You mean like Oshkosh, people file 1600 FPL over 5days and go !

Indeed – can’t imagine why they don’t just use this model – first come, first served.

Or have a “standby” holding area for unused slots.

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

eurogaguest1980 wrote:

Indeed – can’t imagine why they don’t just use this model – first come, first served.

Yes just drop the slot requirement, pay and staff ATC to crack on

I did a typo, it’s 16000 FPL in 5 days at KOSH !

Last Edited by Ibra at 06 Apr 11:56
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I’ve just got an email re my request to clean up the booking I got. They removed the silly dep slot; overall cost the same. So there are people processing emails in the background. I suggest emailing your slot request. The emails come back in German only, but it looks like they can translate from English.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message