Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Oxygen - equipment, getting refills, refill hoses, safety, etc

Ok, I have found it here:

http://www.aerospecialties.com/aircraft-oxygen-service-equipment/oxygen-cart-parts-supplies-tools/oxygen-system-charge-fill-adapters/oxygen-charge-adapter-mnpt.html

I have learned:

The filling port has the standard AN805-3 with a cap nut 3/8”-24 UNF-2B thread and a flange with a cone 1/16".
AN803-3 is equivalent to standard AN 10089-3.

EDQH, EDDN, Germany

Welcome on here, by the way.

I have flown out of Herzo for several years. I see you flew the TBM into there. You do that regularly or was that a one-off?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Yes, I can remember your face.

My home base is EDQH, I live 10km from there, but the TBM D-FYYY is now in EDDN. There I have an instrument appraoch, can depart and arrive H24 and most important, I have hangar space. Disadvantage is the price and the permanent security checks.

In EDQH I have still my TB20 D-EPZY.

EDQH, EDDN, Germany

Oxygen top off at the lical diving shop: 7 (seven) euro, please.

Abeam the Flying Dream
EBKT, western Belgium, Belgium

Also in Prague: breathing oxygen at 0.25 CZK (0.009 EUR) a litre.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

That looks like a DIN cylinder, no?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yes it is a bottle with DIN 447 connector that goes with its matching regulator. The dive shop seemed to accept this without questioning.

Abeam the Flying Dream

Last week I filled up my O2 cylinder with a guy that has a refilling station in a barn in his garden.
He’s a enthusiastic diver and was telling me about his World Record attempt, which will take place at 12 June 2015 in the Thunersee in Switzerland.
He will dive to 165 meter in cold water. He has been working on it for more than a year.

He arranged an Air Ambulance on standby. The only hospital in Switzerland that can threat decompression illness is Geneva, and the flight has to take place through the valleys as a climb will make it worse.

He was talking so passionate about it that it kind of scared me off :-) And I totally forgot to pay him so I still own him 10 EUR.

The cylinders he prepared for his World record attempt:

Niner Mike – Mind sharing the address of that shop please ?

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Sure: http://www.tarcy.be
In Deerlijk, Belgium near Kortrijk (EBKT).

The owner of the shop his father used to own and fly Mooneys. So he is friendly and even nostalgic about our cause. Nice guy. Good service.

Abeam the Flying Dream
Sign in to add your message