Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Oxygen - equipment, getting refills, refill hoses, safety, etc

Wait a minute… Was this previous message from a guy whom tells us that one-liners without any real content are not allowed?
OK, I admit that I am a cat-lover. . Sorry if I offended you real men. Wait, I may still have a mate. Jude?

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

They are allowed, on the condition of being followed by at least one emoticon.

From another cat-lover,

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

As the Italian poet Petrarqua once said: “Mankind can be roughly divided into two kinds of people – those who love cats and those who have been disadvantaged by life.”

This must be the mother of all thread drifts BTW .

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

There are oxygen solutions for dogs and cats.
4paws

United Kingdom

So, euroga is not only TB20-lover’s forum, but also cat-lover’s forum :)

Google shown lots of opinions on my question. The one is that pug dogs can not resists flights at all. And others – not above 5000ft.

EVCA

I know what the minimum safe altitude is for cats: low earth orbit

I find myself in agreement with Peter….

EGTK Oxford

And I just LOVE to watch them burn up on re-entry ;-))

You ‘real men’ are horrible, and mostly from the UK I reckon I remember an English book called ‘100 ways to kill a cat’ or so. You islanders…
Anyway, trying to get this thread on topic just a tad more. From personal experience: just one dog so just one data point. Dogs (hate the bastards, especially when they bark) are fine in a plane upto F120 without oxygen, at least he did not tell me he had a headache afterwards. But prepare for the pressure differential to create a f.rt now and then, but then again the ventilation system on any plane takes care of that within seconds. They seem to be a bit disturbed by the noise though. This is easily sorted by a special headset.

Don’t know guys, but the saying that “that plane is a dog” really contrasts all these tremendous US planes that bear the word Cat. Wildcat, hellcat, bearcat, CATalina, the list seems endless. How many dogs other than the Cessna Hound Dog?

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Hurricane, shrike, typhoon… of course military aircraft are named after cats. You don’t name a killing machine after anything pleasant.

Last time I got my MH cylinder refilled at a scuba shop, the shopkeeper told me he would not be able to refill it again as soon it would have to be inspected. He said he wouldn’t be able to do that with my cylinder as it had been stamped with US markings so it could not be returned to use in Europe.

Does anyone know where one can get a US originated cylinder inspected, preferably in the Netherlands?

Last Edited by JayBee at 22 Jun 21:44
EHLE, Netherlands
Sign in to add your message