Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ForeFlight (merged thread)

Maybe @Peter we can have a quick look on it together when we meet at Dublin.

EDDS , Germany

Just use the export function in Autorouter

Just have:

EGKA GWC DCT PEPIS DCT KENET DCT UGBUD DCT MORAG DCT LUSAT DCT WST EIWT

The waypoint WST is in both Ireland and Australia! This is the same issue which latest versions of Jepp Flitestar (abandoned ~10 years ago) have, with new routes.

Sorry to say, but this is incredibly dumb software. Then if I go into flight plan and insert WST it inserts KWST (in the US). No way to enter WST.

On a PC this is easy enough to edit. Just zoom in, find the desired waypoint, and drag the route over to it.

On the return flight, it does it with WST and LIFFY, both in Australia. One can delete them but then they aren’t in the intended route, of course.

I have given up on this tool. It is ok for monitoring a flight, at a basic level.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

ABD is at Aberdeen and Acapulco. When we got a Trimble GPS I was pax navigating and entered ABD. As we headed NW we realised something was wrong.
Entering ABD produced a choice, with Acapulco the default.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

@Peter, notwithstanding the name confusion why couldn’t you drag and select on your iPad or whatever? I would edit out the incorrect WST waypoint in Maps page FPL, then close FPL to make the screen effectively bigger, then drag the route over to the Irish WST waypoint with my finger and select from the pop-up menu. If screen size is the issue just drag to an approximate nearby location, then zoom in, then drag closer still and select & replace with the exact waypoint from the pop-up list. Or worst case use a lat/long nearby if the desired waypoint is missing from the FF database.

I can do the above on my iPhone as well as on anything else.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 12 Aug 00:51

Entering ABD produced a choice, with Acapulco the default.

Yes; that is what should happen. Even the KLN94 does that. But this is such a common issue when importing flights. One would think lots of people would have reported it.

I think this may be an example of notams not displaying until EOBT minus 2hrs, which is pretty dangerous:

Nothing showing:

Administrator

Peter wrote:

The waypoint WST is in both Ireland and Australia!

The IFPS has a function to determine which waypoint you mean in such cases (it has to, because it also processes intercontinental flight plans). I once had a flight plan where this function failed for no obvious reason at all and the flight plan was rejected because of the ambiguity. An interesting e-mail discussion with Eurocontrol support followed.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I’ve just written a simple http server. The product has a file config.ini. The web page can access a file system. I suppress the Delete feature next to config.ini

5 minutes?

The only even remotely feasible ambiguity, out of hundreds I have seen, is SAM. And that only if you have no access to the aircraft performance model

Administrator

Peter,

Where is WST that is in Ireland, lat-long? What chart is it shown on?

KUZA, United States

It is next to EIWT

Curiously not in my KLN94 database.

On the way back I got another Australian waypoint but don’t have the name to hand.

Administrator

It is shown on the SkyDemon chart

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands
Sign in to add your message