Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ForeFlight (merged thread)

It is anyway interesting that Jeppesen provides such feedback/support. I never thought they were able to do that.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

It is anyway interesting that Jeppesen provides such feedback/support. I never thought they were able to do that.

In my experience, technical support from Jeppesen is very good. It is their administrative support (in Europe) that is abysmal.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

EIWT lost its instrument approaches within the last few years. So WST probably got decommissioned – officially or not.

Here is an old EIWT PDF showing the IAPs:

EIWT_WESTON_pdf

The reason WST came up in the route is because Eurocontrol still use it, and the Autorouter therefore uses it – it has a B2B gateway to the Eurocontrol routing database.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

What would be the significance of “officially” vs “not-officially”?

Autorouter still recognizes WST and tries to find routes containing it. Not sure it succeeds, because any routes it tries via WST – LIFFY seem to all be rejected, including with the message “TRAFFIC VIA LIFFY IS ON FORBIDDEN ROUTE REF:[EG3215B]”.

Anyone found a route using WST that validates with Eurocontrol?

LSZK, Switzerland

Yes – the two here.

Administrator

The route EIWT N0151F090 WST DCT LIFFY DCT MALUD L975 WAL L10 HON N859 CPT DCT MID EGKA doesn’t validate in Autorouter today…gives the message quoted below.

LSZK, Switzerland

Sounds like somebody is quietly reading EuroGA

Administrator

Looking up RAD says LIFFY cannot be used, so using ENDEQ instead works OK: “N0151F090 WST DCT ENDEQ DCT MALUD L975 WAL L10 HON N859 CPT DCT MID EGKA”

EGTR

I probably asked this before:

I have a KLN94 – ADL150 RS232 connection, so the ADL150 app picks up the KLN94 flight plan (and gets the wx around it, etc).

The ADL150 also feeds GPS data to FF. This works.

How do I get FF to pick up the KLN94 flight plan and load it into the flight plan box (the list of waypoint names)? I think there is a way to do an ADL → FF transfer but on my last flight I spent an hour or two playing with it and could not find it.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

I think there is a way to do an ADL → FF transfer

In the ADLConnect app press on any waypoint of the flight plan in the vertical list right of the moving map. Then select the “→ ForeFlight” button. ForeFlight should open and import the waypoints.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ
Sign in to add your message