Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ForeFlight (merged thread)

@dublinpilot too true :)

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

dublinpilot wrote:

It’s FF’s way of keeping VFR flying ‘exciting’

See my previous post as an example: https://www.euroga.org/forums/hangar-talk/6600-foreflight-merged-thread/post/314787#314787

As if the French airspace is not complicated enough already! That example would have been a nice surprise at the end of a 3 hour trip from southern Germany to southern France.

One more thing regarding airspace related NOTAMs: the altitude filter does not work for airspaces activated via NOTAM. So even if you have set the filter to FL100 you will still see that military TRA in FL245…

EDNG, EDST, EDMT, Germany
The ForeFlight team is aware of the comments and looking into future improvements. Send your comments to [email protected] .
KUZA, United States

I am trying to find a simplified way to use FF, because at my frequency of flights (one ever week or so) I forget how to use the interface (“packing” the trip, etc)

What is the procedure for simply loading and overlaying on the map a terminal chart? Or loading all terminal charts for a particular airport? Yesterday I was at EGTE and tried to load the airport diagram but failed, so reverted to the Aera 660 and garmin safetaxi.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

What is the procedure for simply loading and overlaying on the map a terminal chart? Or loading all terminal charts for a particular airport? Yesterday I was at EGTE and tried to load the airport diagram but failed, so reverted to the Aera 660 and garmin safetaxi.

Always load all maps when expired – that’s the easiest way to have them always available. It takes 10 minutes once a month.

Last Edited by Emir at 06 Aug 13:19
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Terminal chart may have a different meaning to me, but I see a mention of taxiways…. I probably spend a small fraction of the time planning a flight as @Peter but FWIW (possibly not much) taxiway charts pop up on ForeFlight wherever I land. My only issue is getting them to go away – it takes a deft touch on the screen to get the prompt that allows it.

My (VFR in the US) FF planning typically consists of typing in the start and end points and the cruising altitude, then rubber banding in between for airspace and terrain issues. Then I “pack” for the trip before I leave a WiFi connection. It takes anywhere between 30 seconds and maybe 15 minutes. If I save the route I can download it on my phone for backup, and I often do this too so as to have two devices in the plane running the same route.

My devices are set up to download FF data updates automatically once a month when connected to WiFi.

That’s pretty ‘simplified’.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 06 Aug 14:19

https://youtube.com/watch?v=xsnCK3DeEoo

Last Edited by Snoopy at 06 Aug 14:23
always learning
LO__, Austria

Unfortunately from that video I can’t see which items are being clicked on.

I have the Ipad Mini on Maps and I can click on Charts and there I eventually found that if I click on the box with the pulldown (under “Import”) then Select Airport pops up and I can type EGTE into the search box, so that works If I then Send that to Maps, the map page takes me to EGTE with the airport plate overlaid.

When I landed at EGTE the airport plate didn’t pop up so again I used the Aera 660 for the airport view.

Administrator

Play back the video at slow speed, you can see some of the buttons highlight.

Some ways for charts

• Click on any airport on the map → Procedure
  • Click on an ICAO code in the FPL dropdown → show plate
  • Go to „Plates“ then Binders.
    A) Add flight binder or Add empty binder
    B) Add other binder
always learning
LO__, Austria

Click on any airport on the map → Procedure

That works, and worked before, but didn’t work yesterday. Strange.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message