Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ForeFlight (merged thread)

Jepp demands android only

Jepp demands IOS for tablets and mobiles although they still support Windows.

It seems clear that no Android product will ever get a Jepp license. Jepp once told me this is to make bootlegging harder.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Jepp demands android only

Jepp demands IOS for tablets and mobiles although they still support Windows.

It seems clear that no Android product will ever get a Jepp license. Jepp once told me this is to make bootlegging harder.

Just confirmed again if Jepp is supported on anything on any product but Apple and the answer was:

“At this time, there are no plans to include Android.
iPad has been the only option ever since the apps have been developed.
I apologize for the inconveniences caused.”

EGTR

With the actual ForeFlight update, Apple Watch complications are back. I think it is useful, especially on ground, when having quick access to all frequencies and local weather. I like it.

EDDS , Germany

eddsPeter wrote:

With the actual ForeFlight update, Apple Watch complications are back.

I absolutely hated this stuff when I ran software development. Usually someone doesn’t pay attention on branch in repository when building new version and the testing team skips appropriate regression tests due to “time pressure”. And then one zillion end users call customer and then customer calls me.

Last Edited by Emir at 16 Aug 16:36
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Peter wrote:

Jepp once told me this is to make bootlegging harder.

Yet they seem to care less about stopping it in JeppFD

Sweden

JeppFD is IOS only, no? Jailbreaking IOS is a constant hassle; also they check for jailbroken platforms and block it running, IIRC.

Administrator

Latest ForeFlight update adds 600 LFxxxx airfields in France. It looks like they’ve been sourced from BASULM. While perhaps primarily for ULMs and therefore mostly (exclusively?) grass, there are quite a few that are long enough for most 4-seat <200hp GA SEP. LF2432 Rebeyrotte is a good example, which has an on-site restaurant and hotel with pool. The resolution quality of the copied “AIP-type” format info leaves something to be desired, but most of the essential text info is repeated in a highly legible form.

LSZK, Switzerland

Interesting. We did something similar on the EuroGA airport database; can’t remember where it came from. But we used only the location, name and ICAO code, no airport data. Any airport data is a total hostage to fortune.

On another FF topic, I’ve noticed that the RA/TRA/DA/PA/etc warnings are based on an intercept of your track with the enclosing circle in the notam, not the actual shape of the area, which is mostly a polygon and sometimes a circle.

This often produces weird warnings.

Administrator

Cttime wrote:

Yet they seem to care less about stopping it in JeppFD

Peter wrote:

JeppFD is IOS only, no?

JeppFD (or equivalent) is available on both the Android and iOS platforms, but anyway it is being discontinued.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Maybe, US data only (previous threads, like Garmin Pilot for android) but no Jepp data in the android version.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message