Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ForeFlight (merged thread)

Peter wrote:

Maybe, US data only (previous threads, like Garmin Pilot for android) but no Jepp data in the android version.

Before I got an iPad mini some years ago, I used an Android tablet and I could use the Jepp app with European data on that one.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I haven’t submitted VFR flight plan with ForeFlight for a while, so I don’t know how the addressing works in latest version. I’m planning to submit plan LFMP→LECD. What can I expect, will LFPM get the plan correctly and what about Spanish ATC?

Last Edited by Emir at 25 Sep 08:06
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I checked what FF would file and it’s like on pic below. Do you think it’s sufficient or should I add/change something? Does France accept VFR points as coordinates like in this example for WS at LFMP?

Last Edited by Emir at 25 Sep 08:54
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I believe that something like “ GCGAYXYX LEGNYXYX LEPGYXYX LECBZPZX LESCYFPX LECDZTZX” should be added to addresses but I’m not aware of such feature in FF. Anyone has experience with international VFR flight plans submitted with ForeFlight?

When I create Y plan the addressing is: GCGAYXYX LEGNYXYX LEPGYXYX LECBZPZX LESCYFPX LECDZTZX LFMPZTZX EUCHZMFP EUCBZMFP LFYNZPZX LFBBZFZX

Last Edited by Emir at 26 Sep 10:12
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Anyone has experience with international VFR flight plans submitted with ForeFlight?

Used FF almost everywhere in Europe flying and filing VFR without a problem.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Used FF almost everywhere in Europe flying and filing VFR without a problem.

Did you add anything to addresses list?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

No, never added AFTNs. Always filed VFR FPL in FF directly.
Of the top of my head the countries were:
UK, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Italy, Greece, Switzerland & Croatia.

always learning
LO__, Austria

It depends on how FF files VFR FPs. The correct way is to use an addressing database (it used to be published as a huge thick book) which tells you the addresses to send it to according to the route, FIR(s), and dep/dest airports. This differs for each country. Maybe FF implements this database or maybe they use an agency (like SD uses EuroFPL.eu) to do it for them.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

According to FF support, nothing should be added and proper addressing is done automatically.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

After filing LFMP→LECD plan for tomorrow, I got following message from ForeFlight:

“Your flight has been scheduled for filing on 2023-09-28T14:00:00Z. We recommend you contact ATC after 2023-09-28T14:00:00Z and prior to departure to ensure your flight plan has been received and processed. We have generated a standard ICAO flight plan form for your flight in case you need to print a paper copy for departure.

Your flight plan was filed to the following AFTN addresses: LFYNZPZX,LFMMZFZX,LFBBZFZX,LFMTZTZX,LFMPZPZX"

Addressing confirms that destination FIR is missing but maybe they are fixing it with some post-processing. Judging by stated delay in filing, it seems that some additional process/service is involved in processing VFR plans. I’ll leave it as it is for now and I’ll check the status tomorrow when I land at LFMP.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message