Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ForeFlight (merged thread)

Emir do you have an e-mail you use to report poor routing?

team (at) foreflight.com

Last Edited by Emir at 04 Jun 08:06
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

RobertL18C wrote:

ICAO Equipment G R S Y

ICAO Surveillance S

ICAO PBN A1 B2 C2 D2 L1 O2 S1

Emergency ELT

Basically Mode S 8.33 non WAAS/EGNOS IFR GNSS plus DME

Robert, it is unlikely that a Bonanza is qualified for A1 or L1 PBN. In the US, both of these require an FAA LOA for part 91. If you have a real DME you should add D to ICAO equipment. However, these would not affect your routing.

KUZA, United States

NCYankee wrote:

Robert, it is unlikely that a Bonanza is qualified for A1 or L1 PBN. In the US, both of these require an FAA LOA for part 91.

Also you need dual GPS systems.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

@NCYankee and @Airborne_Again thank you, not sure how I ended up with that equipment list. Looking at the ICAO guide

link

am guessing I should have:

G R S D Y

B2 C2 D2 O2 S1

I was hoping for an R2D2 on the menu :)

BTW FF is now producing sensible routes!

Last Edited by RobertL18C at 04 Jun 14:45
Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

RobertL18C wrote:

BTW FF is now producing sensible routes!

Yay!

always learning
LO__, Austria

@Snoopy vielen Danke :)

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

I think you all know me by now, but just in case there are any new folks, I’ll introduce myself. My name is Josh Tahmasebi and I’m the Director of Product for International at ForeFlight. I wanted to write a quick note because I am looking for pilots who fly primarily in regions outside the United States and are planning to attend EAA AirVenture 2023.

My goal is to schedule some time at Oshkosh for either one-on-one or round-table discussions to learn more about flying in different regions of the world and to discuss the needs for ForeFlight in these regions.

If you’re interested in participating, you can express interest on the attached Google Form link: “https://forms.gle/GzUd4LcGXN4QiTpw7”: https://forms.gle/GzUd4LcGXN4QiTpw7

If you have questions or comments, let me know! Also, feel free to share this link with others you know who might be attending as well to increase the reach!

Thanks for all the help and look forward to meeting you at Oshkosh,
Josh

ForeFlight - Head of International Gr...
KGTU, United States

Looking for some guidance. I am testing Foreflight as a possible replacement for SkyDemon as it seems more fit for a mixed VFR/IFR usage (especially the lack of IFR geotagged IFR plates for France is annoying in SkyDemon).
While trying it VFR this weekend I found it quite difficult to find the frequency to contact for the area where I am flying (FIS or APP) in FF compared to SD (where the radio tab is of great help). Any views on this ? Maybe there is an easy way but I did not find it.
On a side note I find the FF map quite cluttered and difficult to interpret compared to SD (maybe some setting could improve this).

Looking forward for your tips/suggestions on this.

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium

In short, FF is so much worse for VFR which prevails over where it is better for IFR. The cost difference is also huge.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

jfw wrote:

Looking for some guidance. I am testing Foreflight as a possible replacement for SkyDemon as it seems more fit for a mixed VFR/IFR usage (especially the lack of IFR geotagged IFR plates for France is annoying in SkyDemon).
While trying it VFR this weekend I found it quite difficult to find the frequency to contact for the area where I am flying (FIS or APP) in FF compared to SD (where the radio tab is of great help). Any views on this ? Maybe there is an easy way but I did not find it.
On a side note I find the FF map quite cluttered and difficult to interpret compared to SD (maybe some setting could improve this).

Looking forward for your tips/suggestions on this.

Hi @jfw,

Currently, the easiest way to find frequencies for airspace is to press and hold on the map for the area nearby. Then you will get the add-to route list which has all the airspace and should show the frequencies. For airspaces that have many frequencies, you may have to look at the airspace details for more. I agree that something with a list of frequencies along your route would be helpful and I’ve got that on my list to look into.

In regards to clutter, there are settings to help reduce what you see on the screen by taping on the gear at the top of the screen which houses the map settings. The two sections that will help with these adjustments are ForeFlight Map and Aeronautical, allowing you to customize your map.

If particular elements seem to clutter more than others, please let me know, and we can look into this. We are currently working on some foundational items to further improve our map so any feedback is welcome.

All the best,
Josh

ForeFlight - Head of International Gr...
KGTU, United States
Sign in to add your message