Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ForeFlight (merged thread)

Peter, I strongly recommend that you set Airplane mode when in flight. You can use Wifi or BT if they are connected to a GPS or device in the cockpit. Besides saving on power usage, it avoids hangups caused by failed reception of internet messages. The internet traffic is disabled when airborne anyway and is totally not usable for in flight traffic avoidance.

KUZA, United States

Wolfgang_O wrote:

Peter, the configuration, which has to be done once, was wrong, however, I’ve corrected the settings today. please check if the aircraft is a TB20 or TB20GT and correct the type if required

That is gold level support :)

LFMD, France

Yes indeed! Thank you.

I had a look at the aircraft. There are several TB20s, which should all be the same. Well, some very old ones have a lower flap 1 speed, or something like that. These should all be identical:

I went to check the config of my default one, the “TB20 Trinidad”, 2nd from the top, and found it had INS enabled, which is curious. Fixed that, and then sent to the GT one (1st one) and that one didn’t have INS, although it may be that they all share the same config and since I fixed one of them…?

Then I tried routing. Initially, 0-18000ft, produced some FL140 routes, very long. Then I tried 0-6000ft, and it didn’t do a lot better:

So I tried the final ex-AR one which was a Y, via KONAN, but FF didn’t find it:

But this is not unusual. All routing tools fail sometimes, especially on flights like this short one.

I cannot find the fly-through waypoint entry (to enter e.g. KONAN) – it appears only when creating a completely fresh route – and while one can edit the route manually (KOK KONAN SFD) there is no Validate button; it must be implicit somewhere, but I am not going to file the FP to see if it is valid, in case it is I can see that a Validate button is not needed on a US app because that is a Eurocontrol-only thing.

However, it may be implicit. Entering this route manually produces an updated route picture, and I can’t see “Invalid” warnings anywhere, so maybe that is how it works

Unfortunately not… entering a silly route still does not produce errors so clearly validation is not being done at this point

and the route parameters at the top of the pic are obviously not updated. Even when I click on File, but not actually finally file it, I still see no validation errors.

If I knew that going Y and VFR at KOK produces a valid route, I can see how to set this up, but the only way to know that is to use another tool first.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

You can adjust the Route constraints, but especially for Oostende and the mandatory IFR departures, the result will not satisfy you.

The manually created route will be validated as soon you have sent it to Flights. You get information in case the route is not valid like here due to the STAR requirement above FL065.

After adjusting the initial altitude below FL065, the route is valid and can be filed.

I’m checking with the team, why manually adjustment is required (I expect to get that route automatically)

EDON, Germany

The manually created route will be validated as soon you have sent it to Flights

I created it in Flights

I used to create under Map and then someone told me that’s wrong; I am supposed to create in Flights.

Yes; the fly-through waypoint config appears if you are creating a new route.

Manually hacking routes is pretty normal with the AR also; it just seems a lot easier there because the UI is much simpler.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

I used to create under Map and then someone told me that’s wrong; I am supposed to create in Flights.

Feel free to use the method you like. Validation is done automatically in the Flights view when editing the route. The creation of a VFR route is usually done in the map view, as you do not need a flight plan for every flight.

EDON, Germany

Got the update today, and love the new hazard advisor during planning!
It was one of the features I was missing after switching from SkyDemon, great it’s here!
Now we need the profile view with different altitudes as well…

EHLE LIMB, Netherlands

Awesome updates, Hazard preview is great

https://youtube.com/shorts/ZU4nRexXKEU?feature=share

Last Edited by Snoopy at 25 Mar 10:17
always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

Awesome updates, Hazard preview is great

https://youtube.com/shorts/ZU4nRexXKEU?feature=share

What does this clip show that Skydemon doesn’t have? The slider?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

What does this clip show that Skydemon doesn’t have? The slider?

As far as I remember, the “Colour High Terrain” function in SD simply colored the terrain based on a reference altitude.

The Hazard Advisor in ForeFlight Mobile colors the terrain and obstacles based on the vertical distance from your planned route and current position when in flight. In addition, you can adjust the boundaries between 1000ft/100ft and 100ft/25ft for yellow and red in several steps to suit your aircraft and flight profile. As an additional feature colored terrain and obstacles appear in Synthetic Vision.

The new feature allows the usage of the Hazard Advisor already when planning a route.

EDON, Germany
Sign in to add your message