Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ForeFlight (merged thread)

The webinar recording will be available soon at the ForeFlight Support Center Here you can also register for the upcoming avionics connectivity webinar in April.

Peter wrote:

I don’t think there is a way to auto sync FF logs so they get copied at say 3am to a PC directory, or even dropbox.

The tracklogs and logbook entries are automatically synced in the background and accessible from ForeFlight Web. You can download the logs in several file formats or share them via FB, email, etc.

Last Edited by Wolfgang_O at 03 Mar 17:12
EDON, Germany

I have been using that method – thank you.

It would be good if they could be synced to say dropbox. It’s not difficult, even with dropbox’s latest “make life really hard” completely pointless API change

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hi Peter,

You can store the kml files from the log wherever you like or send them via email, share them via FB, or more.

There’s a difference between the ForeFlight cloud services, which are available to all customers or linking a Dropbox, which requires a Pro Plus license or higher.

Here is a conceptual view showing the differences between the two solutions.

EDON, Germany

Zoom tonight

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Zoom tonight

sorry, missed the meeting.

EDON, Germany

Thanks to Snoopy

It was very informative. The FF user interface is not obvious in many ways.

I’ve been testing FF on recent flights and spent some time on it back home trying to work out various features. One question answered yesterday was why the W&B section doesn’t contain my “default aircraft”. The answer is that the W&B section is an add-on which is not integrated with the rest of FF. So you have to set it up twice.

I remain sure that despite posts to the contrary, FF does depict UK airspace accurately. Someone mentioned there is an issue with airspace defined as “AGL” but with no details. I’ve been running FF side by side with my old generic GPS tablet and so far everything was depicted correctly.

Various smaller things ought to be done e.g. the horizontal extent on the vertical profile should match the current extent of the map. That is such an obvious thing; I wonder what the thinking was behind it being fixed at 45nm and not being configurable. The 45nm extent causes it to show conflicting airspace most of the time At the very least, this feature should be a config item, so people (in the US mostly I guess, where these are smaller issues) who are used to the current working don’t need to change.

There’s a difference between the ForeFlight cloud services, which are available to all customers or linking a Dropbox, which requires a Pro Plus license or higher.

Does the Pro version enable auto sync to dropbox at a specified time? I normally sync stuff (GPS tracks, phone camera photos, etc) to the PC at 3am The problem is that on an Ipad none of these locations are accessible from outside the app, so any sync needs to be implemented within the app.

Will FF put the recent FF presentation online? I missed it too.

Administrator

The recorded webinar can be found on Youtube:

In the webinar, I cover the difference between the two Profile View modes. When in flight. the profile view shows what’s coming for the next 50 miles. When switching to planned route mode you can see the current position in relation to the planned route.

Logs, photos made during a flight, settings, etc are automatically synced in the ForeFlight cloud for all users.

The optional Dropbox (or Box / S3) cloud storage can be linked to synchronize PDF documents, images, Office (Word, Excel), Pages, Numbers, Keynote, and text documents. These files are listed in the Documents section of the ForeFlight Mobile app. That feature requires a Pro Plus subscription plan
Personally, I use that feature to keep aircraft and avionics manuals or the GAR template current. As soon I update a document in Dropbox, the updated file is synced to all my mobile devices.

Furthermore, Custom Content Packs can automatically be synchronized to all connected mobile devices.

EDON, Germany

Is there a way to get FF to clearly show frequencies of towers etc?

Yesterday, flying near EGHI, I managed to get this strange overlap issue

Administrator

Hi Peter,

When tapping on the airfield, you get the frequency information:

Or when you tap and hold on a point inside a specific airspace, you can get the communication details as well:

EDON, Germany

It has been some time since I checked Foreflight the last time. Manly three things had stopped me from transitioning from SD to FF for VFR:

• No way to specify different per-leg altitutes
  • W&B separate from the rest of the flight planning and fuel calculations (seriously – WHY?)
  • No rubber-banding for flight planning using geographical landmarks (like in SD)
  • In-flight the ETAs in the flight log would not be updated (could be that I had been missing something) → this one I find particularly useful e.g. in Italy, where ATC requests ETE/ETA times constantly

And then – as a fourth item – there is certainly the general depiction of the map which has been discussed in this thread as well…

Has there been any progress made on these issues? Or will be in the forseeable future?

EDNG, EDST, EDMT, Germany
Sign in to add your message