Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

Does anyone know if crew & pax still needs to order 2 days & 8 days tests for 1 day visits to the UK?

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I am not sure this situation has been clarified, or at least I don’t know of a reference. However I read somewhere that a single PCR test is fine for “one day business trips”, since it meets the requirements of

• pre-entry-to-UK test
  • day 2 test (needs to be done on or before day 2)

and day 8 is hardly relevant since you will be long gone

This was discussed previously for a “day trip to Le Touquet” and it appeared clear that the single PCR will do. Well, until UK govt started imposing a quarantine for French arrivals, regardless of vacc status! So the answer is probably NO if the “pax and crew” are coming from France.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

So the answer is probably NO if the “pax and crew” are coming from France.

That was my guess, next question can one use a 2/8 test that was delivered at home but never collected (2 of them were delivered from a previous one night visit in April but never collected as we were back next day, do they have long expiry dates like condoms ?)

Last Edited by Ibra at 22 Jul 09:29
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Yes.

Make sure you have a login for the outfit which sold the original kit, because the lab will report back to them.

No expiry dates on the tests I saw!

Outfits like qured.com (that one is a cowboy outfit, selling a dud pre-return test) get you to enter the return flight number and date, and they schedule the despatch of the kit(s) to arrive supposedly in time, but you can put some fake info in there (look up some earlier flights and use those) so the kits arrive sooner. Somebody I know is doing that right now.

If you arrive via GA, you just need to get the test done somehow, in the last 2-3 days before entering the UK.

It’s sort of funny… the situation is identical to last October when I went to Italy. PCR in preceeding 48hrs then. And hard to get the timing right.

Administrator

The Croatia website has removed any reference to the UK. They have not changed the date (1st July).

No matter how many times I read it, I can’t work out what it means for the UK.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

I read it as their wish to be PC and not to chase Brits off and at the same time to please Mrs. UVDL

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Does it say a test is required before entry, for Brits?

It’s difficult to work out the category for the UK.

Sure; UVDL visited Croatia very recently, and would have applied pressure

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Sure; UVDL visited Croatia very recently, and would have applied pressure

And promised Schengen and Euro

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Peter wrote:

It’s written under “Third-country nationals”, paragraph #8:

“8. persons who travel for tourist reasons and have a certificate of paid accommodation in a hotel, camp, private renter or rented vessel and other form of tourist accommodation or are owners of houses or vessels in the Republic of Croatia – entry into the Republic of Croatia will be allowed upon presentation of one of the following documents: …”

So, in essence vaccinated or tested negative or quarantine until tested negative but the most important to pay for your accommodation in advance

Last Edited by Emir at 23 Jul 08:14
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

OK, but that just states the previous position:

certificate that they have received two doses of vaccine used in the EU Member States not older than 210 days, provided that 14 days have passed since they received the second dose,

Administrator
Sign in to add your message